Oster 4715 10-Cup Rice Cooker Reviews

Oster 4715 10-Cup Rice Cooker

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Perfect Pot of Rice everytime.

Feb 4, 2008

Pros:Easy to use, easy to clean, makes a perfect pot of rice.

Cons:No off option.

The Bottom Line: This is a very easy to use, attractive rice cooker. I would recommend it to anyone.

I received this rice cooker as a gift for my wedding. I fell in love immediately after my first use. My husband eats rice with EVERYTHING so we always have white rice on hand. I tried cooking on the stove several times and always ended up with bad results. Then I got a cheap 5 cup rice maker that worked but left much to be desired.

Upon receiving the cooker I read through the manual. I saw that it recommend 4 cups rice to 6 cups water. I disregarded this as I had learned from experience that equal parts rice and water give you perfect rice (more water – mushy, less water – crispy). Set up is easy. Upon opening the box the appliance is already assembled. The cooking pot is removable to filling or cleaning. To cook you merely fill the cooking pot with the desired contents and the close the air-tight lid and depress the cooking button to start cooking. Within minutes your rice is ready and waiting on the automatic warming setting.

The perks of this unit include the air tight locking lid, the detachable power plug, and the steam drip cup (to catch the condensation rather than ruin whatever is sitting above the cooker). I also appreciate the warming option (that keeps food warm up to 12 hours), but wish that it was optional. In other words, you cannot turn the unit off without unplugging; it either is on cook or warming cycle. The best perk might be the easy cleanup. With the non-stick cooking pot cleanup is a breeze, you can literally just wipe it clean if you wanted too, but I usually give it a wipe down with dish detergent or occasionally stick it in the dishwasher.

The only negatives I can list are the fact the unit has to be unplugged to be turned off. Not a horrible thing, but an off button would be a nice option for future models.

I have never used this appliance to cook anything other than rice so I cannot comment on how it works. I know if comes with a steaming basket but I have never used it.

Buy With 100% Confidence Fast Shipping !! Brand New!! Check Other Great Sales | Read our Feedbacks | Add us to Favorite Sellers Item Description: Mult...

Product Details: Oster 4715 Multi-Use 20-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, White Multi-use rice cooker/food steamer, makes 10 cups of uncooke...
NEW Oster 4715 Multi-Use 20-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker and Food Steamer White $48.84 $65.95 Multi-use rice cooker/food steamer, makes 10 cups of uncooke...
Oster 4715 Multi-Use 20-Cup (Cooked) Rice Cooker and Food Steamer, White
Multi-use rice cooker/food steamer, makes 10 cups of uncooked rice, air tight sealed lid keeps moisture, removable non-stick pot, includes measuring c...