Oster 4724 20-Cup Rice Cooker Reviews

Oster 4724 20-Cup Rice Cooker

Cooks Well

Apr 5, 2008

Pros:Easy to Clean, Compact, Simple to use

Cons:Rice sometimes burns, lack of options, veggie tray is small

The Bottom Line: Good rice cooker, but not for veggies.

We got this rice cooker for a wedding gift. We wanted rice that you get at restaurants. It defiantly delivers. The rice comes out wonderful. It’s the soft sticky rice you can never get with making it on the stove. The only problem is that we can't get the rice on the bottom not to burn. It doesn’t matter if you put extra water in, or add oil to it. The bottom rice always burns. The good part is the nonstick helps it come out rather easily. The whole appliance is easy to clean. Takes less than two minutes to clean. The vegetable tray is pretty small so you can't cook more than one serving at a time. Don’t put the veggies in the cooker without the tray either. My mother-in-law did this with hers and the veggies were hard, and the ones on the bottom of course burned. It's easy to use, just put in water, rice, and push down a button. This is also a downside since there aren’t options on cooking times for rice vs. veggies. It’s compact so it only takes about one square foot of space. It also goes good with our other stainless steal appliances. The water container is also easy to empty after cooking.

Color: White/Black Features: Multi-use Rice Cooker makes chocolate fondue, soups & more Prepares up to 20 cups of cooked rice Vacuum sealed cool-touch...