Oster 5711 10-Cup Rice Cooker Reviews

Oster 5711 10-Cup Rice Cooker

+$5.99 shipping Home Depot

Workhorse in my kitchen

Jan 13, 2008

Pros:Large capacity, virtually no clean up, delicious results

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: If you want to prepare healthy meals quickly and easily, this is the best appliance to do so. Set it and forget it.

I originally purchased this item after seeing a similar steamer in my sister's home. The model she used was not available, so I took a leap of faith and purchased this larger version. I was really hoping this wouldn't turn into another member of the appliance graveyard.

I am happy to say that I have used this steamer 3 - 6 times per week for the past 4 years. I could not live without it. When I first purchased this, I used it to make baby food. The large capacity made bulk steaming very easy to do.

I use this most often to steam eggs. We steam eggs in the shell for about 18 minutes, or crack them into a small pyrex dish and steam for about 12 minutes if we want poached eggs. What is so great about this steamer is that you can set it and walk away. You could never do that by boiling eggs on the stove. (I never actually boiled eggs on the stove because of the time involved in boiling water, etc.) Plus, there is no cleanup involved.

As far as vegetables are concerned, I steam sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower most often. I have also done artichoke hearts. I think I've tried just about every vegetable I could think of.

I have also steamed apples for a quick dessert - cut out the core, stuff with raisins and cinnamon. YUM!

I have steamed rice in this with good results. If you are going to do that, if you have a kettle, I suggest starting with boiling water with the rice. Then the steamer doesn't have to heat up the water before cooking starts.

Most recently I have been steaming fish with terrific results. You can start with frozen fish, or use fresh. You can't prepare a healthier dish than steamed fish!

Theelisabethstore Store This is an Oster food steamer number 5711. It is new in the box.8x10x13 Posted with eBay Mobile

Shop Categories All categories Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to close full size. Oster 005711-000-000 - 6-Quart Manual Food Stea...
Oster 5711 food steamer. Double tier: large 3.8 quart steaming bowl and 2.3 quart steaming bowl. 75-minute timer with safety auto-off. External water ...
Goodmans
eBay Deals
Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Make healthy meals hassle-free with the Oster 6 qt. Mechanical Food Steamer. With instant steam, you can start ...
Home Depot
Oster 5711 Food Steamer 5711
Let off some steam. Cook healthy meals with this high-capacity steamer. Includes large 3.8 qt and smaller 2.3 qt. steaming bowl for culinary versatili...
Macys.com
Color: White Features: Generates steam in less than a minute, letting cooking start immediately Double-tiered 6.1-quart capacity holds a variety of fo...