Palm E2 Reviews

Palm E2

Palm Tungsten E2 review

Mar 12, 2008

Pros:Screen is brighter

Cons:7 hours trying to get it to sync, the WiFi card,fooling with the Bluetooth.

The Bottom Line: Dont buy it, too fiddly

Palm is no longer the leader in easy to use PDAs.

I love my Tungsten E. Its simple. It does what I want it to do - keep me organized. I bought it after I returned the "paper weight" called the T5

So I bought the E2 thinking it can only get better. Well, no. Its seems that they repackaged the T5 as the E2.

I bought the E2 with the WiFi card that Palmone's website promotes as the best thing since sliced bread.

I couldn't get the E2 to synchronize with my old Outlook info without doing some technological acrobatics. Deleting here and there and adding files here and there.

I go to install the WiFi card and the installation software tells me its incompatible with the E2. Must I point out that Palmone's website specifically says that the card is compatible.

Now I am popping antipsychotics to keep from flushing it down the toilet. I try to sync its new Bluetooth capability with my phone. I found out there are only a limited set of phones that can be easily connected. I proceed to manually connect the phone...the PDA will not recognize the phone either.

Do not buy the Tungsten E2. Palm is no longer the leader in easy to use PDAs.

Matter of fact I'm going out to buy another Tungsten E, just in case the one I have breaks.

Recommended for: Beginners - Simple and Easy to Use

LOT OF 10 NEW in Box Palm Tungsten E2 PDA Organizer Wherever your life is going, this is the perfect handheld to take along for the ride. The sleek, s...