Panasonic Kx-tg6641b 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless Phone Reviews

Panasonic Kx-tg6641b 1.9 GHz 1-Line Cordless Phone

Nearly perfect cordless phone and answering machine

Jun 7, 2012

Pros:Speakerphone
Backlit keys
Various ringtones
Battery life

Cons:No audible beep for messages

The Bottom Line: An excellent choice for feature rich, multiple handset phones on a reasonable budget.

Last year I purchased the Panasonic KX-TG6641 Cordless Phone and digital answering machine with DECT 6.0. This version is the one with the base and 6 handsets in black.  What I was looking for was clarity in listening to calls and messages as well as several handsets...and this phone delivers.

Although we have a fairly small house, I wanted to be able to put a handset in each bedroom as well as our living room. We put the base and main handset in the living room and additional handsets in the master bedroom as well as our daughter's room. The other handsets will be used when we move into a larger house later this year. The handsets can be programmed to display on the front panel which room they belong in...a nice little extra.

Voice quality on the handsets is clear. Playback on the answering machine is pretty good...although not always fabulous. In all fairness, though, I think this could be on the part of the person calling (and what type of phone they are calling from.)

Space wise, the phone is fairly compact (especially the additional handsets.) One of the things I like about the base is that the buttons are clearly marked and easy to read. The center button for message playback is intuitively located.

Voice caller ID - the phone announces either the phone number or the name of the caller (when available.)

Speakerphone - I definitely wanted speakerphone capability...but this phone even has it on the handsets! This is by far one of my favorite features, especially when on those lovely hold calls...."your call is currently #12 in line." I simply put the handset on speakerphone and go about doing whatever it is I'm doing at the time. No more neck aches!

Backlit keys on handsets - a must when calling in the early evening.

Different ringtones for different callers - although the selection is just fair. I really wish I could somehow download my own ringtones. (Sort of reminds me of the days of cell phone ringtones when they first came out.)

Excellent battery life - I can literally talk for hours, leave the handset off the charger overnight and use it the next day with no problem. I'm amazed at the battery life.

Handset locator - how many times have I forgotten where I put that handset? Simply press the locator button on the base and the handset will ring until you turn it off.

The one feature that this phone is missing - which is the main reason why I give it 4 stars and not 5 - there is no audible sound when you have a new voicemail waiting. The handset has an orange light that flashes when you have a new message but honestly, I don't always go check my phone every time I come home. I can't tell you how many messages I've missed because of this. Having an audible beep to alert you to a new message is an essential for me...and this is the one major "fault" of this phone.

Panasonic KX-TGA659T Handset For KX-TG6641B KX-TG6643B All Items Are BRAND NEW In ORIGINAL BOX! Panasonic KX-TGA659T Handset For KX-TG6641B KX-TG6643B...