Codorus State Park

Apr 18, 2002

• Scenery:
  • Crowds:
  • Time needed for visit:

Pros:Relaxing and affordable afternoon at the pool.

Cons:Slightly overcrowded on weekends.

The Bottom Line: I recommend the swimming pool area to everyone; individuals, families, or groups. A great experience; scenic, restful, and affordable.

When my 12 year old niece and her best friend visited us from England last summer, we were hard pressed to keep the young girls happy and interested. The malls grew boring and one can play only so many rounds of mini golf. A trip to the seashore exposed their love of water and swimming. My daughter in law told us about Codorus State Park and its very large swimming pool. Nothing could have prepared us for what has become one of our favorite spots. Beautiful scenery, plenty of room to relax, and unbelievably inexpensive. For just a few dollars the entire family is able to enjoy an afternoon of recreation and an occasional refreshing dip in the exceptionally clean pool. We returned again and again until they returned to England, but the park remains an important part of our recreational lives. Very well kept and virtually litter-free, the park and its swimming pool are indeed a welcomed treat in which to pass a summer afternoon.

Best time to go: June-August