Petropics Tiki Cat Lanai Luau Tuna In Crab Surimi Consomme Canned Cat Food 12/2.8-oz cans

Tiki Cat Lanai Luau Tuna in Crab Surimi Consomme Canned Cat Food

Mar 22, 2013

Pros:good quality, the cat loves it.

Cons:mostly minced tuna, crab surimi is not real crab

The Bottom Line: Tiki Cat Lanai Luau Tuna in Crab Surimi Consomme is a great addition to our cats diet.

We feed Tiki Cat Lanai Luau Tuna in Crab Surimi Consomme Canned Cat Food to our cat Tinkerbelle as part of a healthy diet to assist with some of his health issues and keep him at a healthy weight. All the foods we feed are premium cat foods that are mostly meat, liquid and supplements. We do not feed any foods with grains or fillers. I guess what I am trying to say is that we are super picky.

Description

Packaging: Tiki Cat Lanai Luau Tuna in Crab Surimi Consomme Canned Cat Food comes in either 2.8oz cans or 6 oz cans. I usually buy the smaller cans by the case to save money. The cans all have pull tops that are easy and convenient to open. You can get this food in a case alone or in a variety package. I like buying the variety packs so that I can feed my cat variety without purchasing ten cases of food.

The Food: Tiki Cat Lanai Luau is mostly tuna but is topped with a thin layer of Crab Surimi. Crab Surimi is not real crab but other fish that is made into a slurry and then formed into a product that looks like crab. I am not a huge fan of this fake crab because their are usually starches added to make it hold together. There is so little of it in the food though that I doubt it causes any issues. The food also has a good amount of tuna broth and the supplements that cats need. The food has the typical aroma of fish.

Ingredients: Tuna, Tuna Broth, Crab Surimi (Threadfin Bream), Sunflower Seed Oil, Dicalcium Phosphate, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate Heptahydrate, Ferrous Sulfate Monohydrate, Thiamine Monohydrate (Vitamin B1), Nicotinic Acid (Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (Vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Our Experience

My thoughts: I have been giving this to Tinkerbelle on occasion. It is not an everyday type food. I do not give Tink fish every day because it is a little richer. I try to give him variety but tend to stick to really low fat foods like chicken. Still I think a little bit every now and then is a good idea. He seems to like it and has not had any stomach upsets so we will continue buying this.

How well Tinkerbelle likes it: Tinkerbelle loves this food. I am not sure he likes it more than his other cat food because he seems to like everything. I do find that if I keep giving him the same thing over and over he will start to act a little finicky so I try to keep some variety in his diet. When I feed this to him, he eats it in a hurry.

Final Thoughts and Rating

While this food is a premium food it is not one of our most favorites because of it being mostly tuna and the fact that it has fake crab in it. I am a little unclear of what is in the crab surimi. Although they list the type of fish it is made from, they do not list all the other ingredients. I guess it could just be fish but I know from my experience in seeing the fake crab sticks in the grocery store there is usually some sort of starch that holds it all together and gives it the texture of crab.

This gets four stars from me. If it was real crab I would have given it five.

Thanks for reading my review

:-)

Becky

Tiki Cat Lanai Luau Canned Cat Food

Tuna In Crab Surimi Consomme Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food Brand Cat Food Lanai Luau is shredded Ahi Tuna topped with Crab Surimi prepared in Crab
PetFlow

PetFlow

Tiki Bar Open Lighted Sign Luau Pool Party Wall Decor Bamboo-look Hanging Plaque

Let the good times roll in typical tiki fashion with this lighted bar sing. Features bamboo look design and blue LEDs with a neon glow. Requires 3 AA ...

Tiki Cat Lanai Luau Tuna in Crab Surimi Consomme Canned Cat Food, 6-oz, case of 8; Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food Brand Cat Food Lanai Luau is shredded A...
Chewy.com

Tiki Cat Canned Cat Food Lanai Luau 2.8 oz

Tiki Cat Canned Cat Food Lanai Luau 2.8 oz

Premium wild-caught seafood for cats! Made with the highest quality, human grade, whole seafood ingredients. 9 delicious flavors.
Natural Pet Discount

Wind Sock Tiki Mask Tropical Luau Patio Bbq Home Decor 48 Garden

Wind Sock Tiki Mask Tropical Luau Patio Bbq Home Decor 48 Garden

New Wind Sock Tiki Mask Tropical Luau Patio BBQ Home Decor 48 Garden Brand new with tags Made of fabric and wood Multi-color windsock is perfect for u...

Tiki Cat Lanai Luau Tuna in Crab Surimi Consomme Canned Cat Food, 2.8-oz, case of 12; Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food Brand Cat Food Lanai Luau is shredde...
Chewy.com

Tiki God of the Luau Statue

Tiki God of the Luau Statue

TXG2407: Features: -Hand painted. -Customers are encouraged to bring in items during severe weather conditions or to spray items periodically with cle...
Tiki Cat Canned Cat Food Lanai Luau 2.8 oz Case 12

Tiki Cat Canned Cat Food Lanai Luau 2.8 oz Case 12

Natural Pet Discount

CafePress Tiki King Luau Rum Label Throw Blanket

CafePress Tiki King Luau Rum Label Throw Blanket

Enjoy a soft and comfortable fleece blanket ideal for indoor or outdoor activities.100% soft, warm polyester fleeceMeasures 50 x 60Premium ink to prev...
CafePress.com