Philips SPA7210/17 Computer Speakers Reviews

Philips SPA7210/17 Computer Speakers

Back form the '60s ... with good sound

Sep 7, 2011 (Updated Sep 12, 2011)

Pros:Good power, lightweight, USB Charger

Cons:Low bass

The Bottom Line: Good sharp sound at a low cost ... these are good buys

In order to get sound from my Philips NP2500 Streamium unit (refer to my review of this product) I opted to purchase the Philips SPA7210/17 Multimedia Speakers 2.0

THE SPECS:

The SPA7210 are advertised as being for Laptop and offer the following features:
          •40-Watt Speakers Deliver Deep Bass
          •Adjustable Cables for a Tidy Workspace
          •On-Speaker Controls; Audio Input for MP3 Players
          •Mobile Device Charging Port
         •Compatible with Macs and PCs

INSIDE DE BOX:

What you get when you open the box is
         •Philips SPA7210/27 Multimedia Speakers 2.0
         •3.5-mm stereo line cable (fixed)
         •power cord
         •Quick Installation Guide

THE SPEAKERS:

When I look at those speakers I think of Eggs from the “60s” …. I mean look at them all white with a black and orange facing.  Maybe it’s just me!  But I can also say that they fit very well within the Apple world which may be the marketing design behind it.  Who knows?
In any case, I do like the glossy white finish and the glossy black face; I think it all fits nicely together.

USING THE SPEAKERS:

As I mentioned, these speakers are connected to my Philips Streamium NP2500 so I can’t really say anything about their compatibility with a PC or a MAC, though I can’t see what would go wrong.

Both speakers are linked together by a cable of roughly 3 feet long (1.5m).  One of the speakers has on its back the Power cord input and on its front the ON and Volume button (one of the same).  The other speaker is just that.

The fronts of each also have 40W power with 3/4" tweeter, 3" speakers.  When I turn the volume only Mid Way and it fills the apartment completely ... do strong output.

When you turn them on, they light up inside so you get the orange border glowing which gives them a nice little effect overall.

You can crank them up without too much distortion in sound and the bass is ok … it won’t make you shake but the 40W does its work very well indeed.  The sound is clear, the signing is also and speaking voices are sharp.  All good thing!

CHARGING:

One nice little feature is that you get a USB charging plug which lets you your MP3 or mobile phone while listening to your music.  I thought it is a nice little touch and it works just fine.

Speakers Philips Spa3250/27 Multimedia 2.0 Pc Computer Speaker Laptop

Speakers Philips Spa3250/27 Multimedia 2.0 Pc Computer Speaker Laptop

USB powered portable notebook speakers. Plug Play gives you the ability to install or add a new component and have it work without having to perform a...

Philips Spa1312/27 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System High Gloss Black Wood Sub

Philips Spa1312/27 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System High Gloss Black Wood Sub

New Page 1 BRAND NEW Philips SPA 1312/27 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System Bass Boost Technology Wooden Housing for Quality Bass Reproduction 10W RMS - 35...

Philips 2.0 Multimedia Speakers, SPA4270BT/37

Philips 2.0 Multimedia Speakers, SPA4270BT/37

Equipped with top-mounted tweeters for pure high notes and bass ports for strong bass, Philips Multimedia Speakers, SPA4270BT/37, will take your sound...