Philips SHE2642 In-Ear only Headphones - Blue/White Reviews

Philips SHE2642 In-Ear only Headphones - Blue/White

~~ Philips Color Earbuds ~~

Nov 8, 2011

Pros:Color matches iPods, easy to use, earbuds stay in place, decent sound, affordable

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: The Philips Color earbuds are great, everday earbuds for casual music enjoyment.

During Black Friday last year, I saw the Philips Color Earbuds on sale for only $4.99 a pair at Target.  I purchased a pair because my husband had taken the earbuds to my iPod nano because his had broken.

The Product
The Philips Color Earbuds comes in a variety of different colors to match the Apple iPod nanos.  I purchased the earbuds from Target for $4.99.

Philips States
"Soft ear cushions improve in-ear comfort."

Specs
3.3 ft, 3.5 mm stereo plug, 12 - 22000 Hz Frequency range, 102dB Sensitivity, 16 Ohm impedance, 50mW Maximum power input.

Contact and Miscellaneous Information
- Website = www.philips.com/welcome
- Made in China

Product information taken from product packaging.

My Experience
When it comes to headphones, I'm not very choosy.  I mostly use my iPod nano for listening to music when I'm running on the treadmill at the gym.  There are plenty of high-end headphones and earbuds on the market, but I just wanted something to replace my stolen earbuds that would be affordable, easy to use, stay in place, and pipe music into my ears to keep me running.

I'm very pleased that the Philips Color earbuds do all of the above at a very nice price of only $4.99!  The cord to the earplugs is generous and allows plenty of slack when it is plugged into the nano and into my ears.  The earbuds are ever so slightly cushioned and they fit comfortably in my ears.  I have never had any problems with the earbuds falling out during a run.  As with the standard Apple earbuds, there is an L and an R on each earbud.

As for the sound quality, it is both average and adequate.  It pipes my music into my ears with sufficient clarity.  My husband has tried the Philips Color earbuds and is not a fan, preferring his own "workout earbuds" over mine, but that is more due to the how the earbuds fit rather than sound quality.  I admit that I am not very picky with sound quality at the gym, especially since I can also hear the treadmill belt revolving while I'm listening to music.  That being said, do not expect the earbuds to cancel out any outside noise.  Fortunately, the earbuds do not produce any extraneous noises or static.

As far as durability, the earbuds have done well over the last year.  I have used it constantly at the gym and it has gone through some beatings (my kid has yanked on the earbuds, tried to rip it off the nano), but it has survived quite well.  My husband's standard Apple earbuds had died when the wires to the connector broke after repeated winding of the earbuds around the nano.  I have stored the earbuds the same way on mine and even after a year, the earbuds are still in great shape.

Overall Thoughts
The Philips Color earbuds serve my music needs at the gym.

Thanks for reading.