Philips SHE9000/ Headphones - Black Reviews

Philips SHE9000/ Headphones - Black

Not Bad....Not Bad at All

Jan 14, 2012

Pros:Sound
Travel Bag
Durability

Cons:Comfort
Heavy Ear Bud

The Bottom Line: Bottom Line is that these headphones are great for any average listener looking for an above average sound for the perfect price!

I ended up buying these from Costco in a double pack for around 40$ if I can remember correctly.  So far the ear buds have been great!  When looking at headphones, I like to evaluate the sound, durability, and comfort.  These Philips SHE9000's are above average in every one of these categories.

Lets start out with the most important category; sound.  The sound details are 6-23.5k Hz frequency, 102 dB sensitivity, 16 Ohm impedance, and 15 mW max power.  When listening to these, I haven't really noticed any flaws.  The bass sounds amazing for an in-ear product.  The sound is smooth and not really muffled (which I've seen in other products i.e. Skull Candy).  Even when listening to a radio broadcast, the voices are still very clear and crisp. When listening to loud rap/rock, there are some minor phases of scratchy sounds but overall the headphones keep up with the music to keep it strong and clear.

On to the durability. I've went through a lot of ear buds in the past due to bad durability and design flaws.  These Philips ear buds have stood up to a lot of challenges.  I've had them for about 3 months and I've already dropped them all over, closed them in doors, and even put them through the wash!  Most ear buds will tend to stop working after this! These SHE9000's are built to last.  They have a metal shell covering the actual ear buds.  The wire is at a comfortable length and is actually covered in a rope-like fabric to protect it from the elements. The only real design flaw is that the rubber bud has fallen off a few times and I've actually lost a few tips.  This has also happened with other ear buds I've owned in the past so I guess it's just a common problem among companies.  When it comes to travel, these ear buds are above average.  Philips includes a small zipper travel bag (approx. 3"x2") This helps when storing the multiple ear bud tips and above all, the actual ear phones.  I've traveled with them multiple times and the bag comes in handy!

Now onto comfort.   Philips brags on the packaging that these are 5-star comfort ear headphones.  I haven't really noticed a difference between this comfort and the comfort other ear buds bring to me.  The SHE9000's come with 4 different ear-bud tips (3 rubber, 1 spongy material).  They all fit my ear but I haven;t found the one with the perfect fit.  Of course, all ears are different so you might have the perfect fit with one of the tips.  I've also noticed, when working out/running with these earphones, they tend to fall out because they are quite heavy due to the metal covering.

Overall, these Philips SHE9000 in-ear headphones are above average.  Compared to other brands I've had, the durability, sound, and comfort are all just as good if not better.  Not to mention the great price!