Philips SHQ3000 Headband Headphones - Orange Reviews

Philips SHQ3000 Headband Headphones - Orange

I can get clean! ... but where's the sound ?

Feb 23, 2011 (Updated Aug 9, 2011)

Pros:Washable, cable lenght, clip, carrying case

Cons:May not work for all ear types

The Bottom Line: You get to be able to clean them ... you get good sound when you put them in a certain way (as suggested by different comments)

When I started shopping for new Headphones, I noticed that Philips had come out with a new series specifically targeted for Sports Enthusiasts.  I decided to give the SHQ3000/28 Philips Earhook Headphones a try.

WHAT ARE THEY :

Constructed with water proof materials coupled with an anti bacterial agent that helps kill germs, these headphones have been designed for the fitness enthusiast.

WHAT DO YOU GET:

• Customizable ear hooks
• 3 Sizes of Ultra-soft silicon caps sit comfortably in your ears
• A 1.2m long cable that is ideal for outdoor use Designed for active use
• Washable
• Sweat proof with an anti-bacterial agent
• Cable clip
• Transport Case

BUT DOES IT WORK:

1-      COMFORT:  I must say that these headphones are quite comfortable to wear.  With a choice of 3 sizes of silicon caps, you can pretty much be certain that it will fit.  No issues while running, jumping, biking or working out.  They never left my ears.  For me personally, I used the smallest size which is great.
2-      TRANSPORT CASE:  I usually just leave my headphones with my MP3 player (in this case, I’m using either the Philips GoGear MP3 video player SA1ARA08KS Aria, or the Philips GoGear Flash audio player SA1929).  Anyway, they come with a rounded plastic case which holds only you headphones and the caps (but loose in the case)  Mind you, I don’t think this is a problem since once you’ve selected the right size, you don’t really change, unless you want to share your headset with someone else.  Having said that, I don’t think the case will last very long.  It is made of very thin plastic and I see it tearing fast.  But hey, just use it while you can.
3-      COLOR:  Yes, it comes in Bright Orange with a black side on the headphones themselves.  I must say I got comments at the Gym that they liked them.  I am as surprised as you are ! … I mean they are only headphones, but for some reason, people reacted to them.
4-      SOUND :  Well … this is where they crash and burn.  Maybe it’s me … maybe it’s what all Sound Isolation headphones are supposed to sound like … but there’s absolutely NO BASS at all.  I tried everything on either my MP3 by changing all of the sound options but to no avail. Hip Hop, Rock, Jazz … you name it.  Nothing worked.  I always get this “can sound” with no thumping at all.  The pamphlet says “Bass thumping stereo sound - fuel for your workout” … well, my workout didn’t get fuelled, let me tell you !  Also, for some reason, I have to keep the sound level to MAX otherwise they I can’t hear a thing.   HOWEVER, I have been playing with it and yes, I found that once inserted a certain way I get much better sound ... so a I too difficult in my review ? ... maybe so because I think I am the one who may have a problem with these kind of headphones.
5-      WATER:  One thing that does work is cleaning them … without any problem.  Just run them under running water, give them a little shake and voila ! … they are clean.  THAT I do like because we do get sweat on them and whatever else, and I like the fact that I can keep them clean.

I love the fact that they are washable … but for me the challenge of using them properly in my ears makes them look the "power workout sound".

Tuned for sports with lightweight fit Constructed with water resistant materials coupled with an anti bacterial agent that helps kill germs, these hea...
Feature: Microphone Noise-Isolating Sports & Exercise Water-Resistant Product Information: Designed with fitness enthusiasts in mind, the Philips Acti...
Features: Microphone Noise-Isolating Sports & Exercise Water-Resistant Short Description: Designed with fitness enthusiasts in mind, the Philips Actio...