Philosophy 'almonds & cream shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath (00564460)

Another Good "Cream" Scent From Philosophy: Almonds and Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath

Apr 7, 2013

Pros:Great scent; concentrated; nice lather; rinses away cleanly

Cons:Bad as a shampoo; not a straight almonds and cream scent; not particularly moisturizing

The Bottom Line: This is a nice scent with a creamy, nutty scent. But it also has a fruity note mixed in. It's still a nice scent, though.

I try pretty much every new 3-in-1 that Philosophy brings out. So when I saw the new Almonds and Cream scent, I had to try that one as well. I love almonds and I have liked some of Philosophy's other "and cream" products (Apricots and Cream is really great), so this was a no-brainer.

Product Details:

For those who don't know what a 3-in-1 is, it is a lathering gel that does triple duty as a shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. This one is tan in color and comes in a 16 oz. rounded, clear plastic bottle with a black, flip-top lid.

From Sephora.com: Treat your whole body to the sweet and creamy scent of almonds with this fragrant formula. The three-in-one cleansing and conditioning gel leaves skin and hair silky soft, bathed in natural oils and restoring antioxidants. Drizzle into the bath for a tub full of sweetly scented bubbles.

This product also comes in an 8 oz. size as part of a duo that also includes an 8 oz. body lotion and retails for about $26.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Water, sodium laureth sulfate, PPG-2 hydroxyethyl cocamide, lauryl betaine, glycerin, glycol distearate, fragrance, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, camellia sinensis leaf extract, sodium sulfite, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sunflower seed oil, tocopherol, tocotrienols, triolein, trilinolein, sodium hydroxide, panthenol, polyquaternium-7, polyquaternium-10, buteth-3, allantoin, disodium EDTA, maltodextrin, sodium benzotriazolyl butylphenol sulfonate, citric acid, magnesium nitrate, hexylene glycol, sodium chloride, sodium benzoate, maleic anhydride, methylene di-t-butylcresol, potassium sorbate, tributyl citrate, methyl gluceth-20, caprylyl glycol, polysorbate 20, magnesium chloride, disteareth-75 IPDI, hexyl cinnamal, methylisothiazolinone, methylchloroisothiazoline, phenoxyethanol, BHT, FD&C red no. 4, FD&C yellow no. 5, D&C green no. 5.

My Experience:

I couldn’t wait for my Philosophy Almonds and Cream 3-in-1 to hit my front porch, as I had ordered it sight unseen (or should I say “smell unsniffed”) from Sephora.com.

I was really hoping that the scent of Philosophy Almonds and Cream 3-in-1 was going to be a creamy almond scent. And it is – to an extent. But the creamy, nutty scent is a bit on the lighter side, and it has a fruity note mixed in there as well, which I think is probably a cherry scent. The scent as a whole has almost a dessert-ish scent instead of a straight almonds and cream scent. The cherry scent is not very prominent and is more in the background of the scent. I would definitely call this more of a “girlie” scent and I don’t think that many men would like the scent of this.

Like all of the other Philosophy 3-in-1 products, this one is concentrated as well and just a little bit creates a lot of bubbles and lather. An amount about the size of a quarter is enough to wash my entire body. The Almonds and Cream scent lasts for a bit in the shower and does not fade away super quickly. But as I am done showering and am drying off, the scent is not really still there. The scent in the bathroom is more of the scent of my shampoo and conditioner, and my skin has just a trace of the Almonds and Cream scent left on it. This product rinses away cleanly and does not leave a residue at all on my skin.

The moisturizing properties of this product are not that great. If I could change one thing about it, I would make it a more moisturizing product. It doesn’t dry out my skin, but it also doesn’t add much moisture.

As a shampoo, the Philosophy Almonds and Cream 3-in-1 is terrible. ALL of the Philosophy 3-in-1 products are bad as shampoos, though. They dry out my hair and scalp and make my hair static-y. If I were you, I would not try this as a shampoo unless you have oily hair.

I have not tried this product as a bubble bath, as I never take bubble baths.
Overall, the Philosophy Almonds and Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel and Bubble Bath is a nice product. The scent is more dessert-ish than it is a straight almonds and cream scent, but it is still a very nice scent and is one that I will buy again.

Price and Purchasing Information:

Philosophy Almonds and Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel and Bubble Bath is $16.50 and can be purchased online at sephora.com, ulta.com and philosophy.com. It may also possibly be purchased at Sephora and Ulta brick and mortar stores.

Philosophy Almonds And & Cream Shampoo Shower Gel Bubble Bath 16 Oz No Label

Philosophy Almonds And & Cream Shampoo Shower Gel Bubble Bath 16 Oz No Label

This listing is for (1) bottle of Philosophy Almonds and Cream 16 OZ 3-in-1 Shampoo, Bubble Bath and Shower Gel . . . Item is missing factory label sc...
Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 240Ml/8Oz

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 240Ml/8Oz

Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath
Philosophy Almonds And Cream 8oz Shampoo, Shower Gel, Bubble Bath,

Philosophy Almonds And Cream 8oz Shampoo, Shower Gel, Bubble Bath,

payment | shipping rates | returns Philosophy Almonds and Cream 8oz Shampoo, Shower Gel, Bubble Bath UPC / EAN: 604079104005 Brand: Philosophy Retail:...

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 16oz

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo Shower Gel & Bubble Bath 16oz

New factory sealed They do not have the printed labels only the pre-print ones.Bottle may be slightly dented 100% Authentic Philosophy Almonds Cream S...

Philosophy by Philosophy for WOMEN Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath --/8OZ

Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath --/8OZ for WOMEN
FragranceNet

Philosophy By Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath --237Ml/8Oz For Women
Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo Shower Gel Bubble Bath 16 Oz And Sealed

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo Shower Gel Bubble Bath 16 Oz And Sealed

New Almonds and Cream shower gel No label on it But it is sealed Size 16oz

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath --237ml8oz

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath --237ml8oz

. Almonds And Cream Shampoo, Shower Gel Bubble Bath --237Ml/8oz for Women We ship to domestic USA addresses via UPS Ground, FedEx, and USPS. We will s...

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo Shower Gel Bubble Bath Gift Wrapped

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo Shower Gel Bubble Bath Gift Wrapped

BUYERS RESPONSIBILITIES: It is your responsibility to read this entire listing to obtain as many details I have provided regarding the item for sale a...

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo Shower Gel Bubble Bath 16oz

Philosophy Almonds And Cream Shampoo Shower Gel Bubble Bath 16oz

div style=text-align:centerimg src=http://ti2.auctiva.com/sw/java.gif border=0br table align=centertr td a style=text-decoration:none href=http://empo...