99 Bananas

Best liquor out there.

Aug 20, 2005 (Updated Aug 24, 2005)

Pros:Fake banana flavor!

Cons:Very concentrated. Mix with ice and water for best effect

The Bottom Line: If you like banana ice cream, don't bother with any other form of alcohol. This is the best. If you don't like banana flavored ice cream, look for something different.

I am highly biased towards this product. I really, really, really like the flavor of fake bananas. I go bananas over it! OK, that was a really awful pun. Still, I love the flavor of fake bananas. I remember when I used to work in Westport, Connecticut I would walk 15 minutes for my lunch break just to get banana ice cream, and every day! I really love the taste of fake bananas, and since this is the only alcohol that I know of that tastes of fake bananas, this is my favorite drink.

99 Bananas is an alcoholic beverage composed of alcohol (which is decent), sugar (getting better) and fake bananas (dear park that’s good banana!). I love fake bananas, and I generally like alcohol, so I give 99 Bananas 5 stars. If I am going somewhere where I am drinking, this is what I prefer (although it is never offered). And if I am entertaining at my house, this is also what I prefer.

Let me start by saying that they call this ' 99 Bananas' because the beverage is 99 proof. This means it is pretty close to 50% ethanol, which will probably burn like a Mexican Chili Pepper going down. If you drink this straight, it will burn when it hits your mouth and burn as it slides down, a little bit like Everclear although not nearly as bad. Therefore, I always water it down. Think of this beverage as a banana Schnapps concentrate.

If you drink this straight you will also notice that whatever isn’t alcohol in the product, or its yummy banana flavoring, is sugar. I find that this product is really poor to drink straight, not only because of the burning, but rather because it is simply too sweet. If you really want to do shots, do whiskey or rum or something. Better yet, find a tasteless vodka and go with that. 99 Bananas is for mixing with water or ice only.

What I do is I thin the mixture about 1:1 with water, and I put ice in that. The ice will generally melt a bit, and in the end you have something that is about 15% alcohol or less, and a decent amount of sugar/banana flavoring. You could probably also mix this with seltzer water for a real treat. Why don’t they make a banana soft drink? Maybe we should call Coca Cola.

99 Bananas goes great everywhere, including ice cream. At 16$/750 ml (depending on where you get it), it may be something you want to conserve. Still banana liquor and vanilla ice cream? What’s that sound? Oh, sorry, that is simply my stomach growling. It gets annoyed when I talk about great foods without filling it up first.

This beverage doesn’t work very well mixed with regular soda. The sugar of the beverage, mixed with the sugar of the soda, leads to a bit too much sugar. I can’t say I’ve ever actually tried this product mixed with Coke, it just seems far too odd. Me, I like mine with just plain water and ice.

This product is so condensed that you can use shot to an 8-ounce glass and still get a very good flavor. Of course you won’t get drunk if that is your goal. Still, for me the flavor is the key – I love fake bananas!

Oddly, I don’t love real bananas. They are kind of… OK, I suppose. But fake bananas! Well, that bird that goes cookoo for Cocoa Puffs and I have something in common, He likes his Cocoa Puffs and I like my fake bananas.

Suffice it to say this is my favorite alcoholic beverage. It has alcohol and it has fake bananas. I really can’t think of a better combination myself. They usually sell this in the Schnapps section of the liquor store, so hunt it down, and buy a bottle. While you’re there they also have a product known as 99 Apples, if that is more towards your palette. Me, give me 99 Bananas and a thunderstorm and I will think I am in heaven.

Banana Republic W Perfume For Her 3.4 Oz Full Size

Banana Republic W Perfume For Her 3.4 Oz Full Size

Banana Republic W Perfume 3.4 fl. oz You are looking at a Banana W Republic Eau de Parfum for her Net Wt: 3.4 fl oz – 100ml.Brand New in Original Bo...

Banana Republic Classic by Banana Republic 50ml/1.7oz Classic Eau De Toilette Spray for Women

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$35.00 - Classic Eau De Toilette Spray-50ml/1.7oz - perfume / fragrance for (ladies)
StrawberryNET.com

BANANA REPUBLIC OF WOMEN by Banana Republic for WOMEN EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ

EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ for WOMEN musky, fruity, floral, rose, fresh
FragranceNet
Banana Republic Classic Eau De Toilette 1.7 Fl.oz/50 Ml Read Description

Banana Republic Classic Eau De Toilette 1.7 Fl.oz/50 Ml Read Description

Dennis55509 Store BANANA REPUBLIC CLASSIC EAU DE TOILETTE 1.7 FL.OZ/50 mL *READ DESCRIPTION* Description BANANA REPUBLIC ~CLASSIC~EAU DE TOILETTE 1.7 ...

Banana Republic Alabaster By Banana Republic Eau De Parfum Spray 3.3 Oz Perfume For Women

Banana Republic W 3.4oz Women Perfume Edp In Box

Banana Republic W 3.4oz Women Perfume Edp In Box

BANANA REPUBLIC W ~ 3.4OZ WOMEN PERFUME EDP NEW IN BOX

Uniquely For Her Banana Republic W by Banana Republic Eau De Parfum Spray 4.2 oz

Banana Republic W by Banana Republic Eau De Parfum Spray 4.2 oz is the perfect gift she'll love. Launched in 1996 by the design house of Banana Republ...
Slate by Banana Republic 50ml/1.7oz Slate Eau Fraiche Eau De Toilette Spray for Men

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$43.00 - Slate Eau Fraiche Eau De Toilette Spray-50ml/1.7oz - perfume / fragrance for men
StrawberryNET.com