Bissell 1867 Stick Cleaner Reviews

Bissell 1867 Stick Cleaner

better than a Swiffer mop

Feb 20, 2013 (Updated Feb 21, 2013)
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:No chemicals, safe for kids and pets, reusable pads

Cons:Leaks water, short cord, water tank could be larger, leaves floors wet

The Bottom Line: Not the best mop, it did a good job cleaning my linoleum floors but would not recommend it for tile.

I purchased this steam mop in 2008 as an alternative to the Swiffer wet cloths.  I was always having to get down on my hands and knees to get those dried stuck on stains the cloths would not get up.  I did a lot of research and found this one that was highly rated and it fit all my needs.  I was very happy with how well it cleaned and picked up the dried, stuck on food on my linoleum floors.

Pros:  I have two kids who drop food constantly on my linoleum floors and all I had to do was hold down the trigger button with the mop over the stubborn spot for several seconds and the food would come up.

I used filtered water from my faucet and I loved the idea that the floors were free of any chemical residue so it felt safer for my kids and cats.

I washed the pads in the washing machine and then hung them out to air dry.

The head swivels and it fit around the toilet.

Cons:  It did not work very well on scuff marks.

It put out a lot of water so the pads get soaked up pretty fast and it took a while for the floor to dry.  It helps to have extra pads on hand.

My kitchen and nook are 200 sq. ft.and I had to refill the water bottle after I was 3/4 off the way done.

The cord is short.

The unit may start to leak when the filter needs to be replaced.  There is a small little O ring on the filter that can come detached so if the water starts leaking from the water tank, that may be why.

It did not always clean the best along walls but it did fit well under cabinets.

I did not like the way it cleaned tile floors.   The pad would get wet and dirty so when I pushed the mop over the tiles, the dirt that is on the pad ends up in grout.  I had to go back over the tile with another pad to clean the grout.

You do have to continually hold the trigger button for it to work, which can get tiring.

There are probably other steam mops out there that do a better job so I would do your research to see what else is available.

Great price! Buy with confidence! This auction is for a brand new, factory sealed Bissell 1867-7 Steam Mop Hard-Floor Cleaner, Green Tea Product Featu...

Buy With 100% Confidence Fast Shipping !! Brand New!! Check Other Great Sales | Read our Feedbacks | Add us to Favorite Sellers Item Description: Idea...