Bose Acoustimass 6 Speaker System Reviews

• User Rating: Disappointing

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Small size. WAF (wife appreciation factor)

Cons:Highly colored sound. Grainy treble. frequency response of 280hz-13.3 khz +/- 10.5 db.

The Bottom Line: Don't buy this. You'll waste your money.

I used to think that bose was one of the best audio brands. So when my brother bought his acousitmass set, i was expecting quite a bit. I found though, that i couldn't even sit through a single movie on this system. I was also surprised by the lack of bass and the treble had this ungodly graininess to it.
So i rightly did some research on the internet and found that bose is one of the biggest audio scams in the industry. http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html The sound was very tweaked with a huge emphasis on the high end perhaps to make people think it has a sharp sound. The cubes themselves were very small, but this is not an argument to get bose, as many other companies such as Mirage and Paradigm has small speakers that sound much better than this. Now back to the speakers themselves, i tried listening to some music on them. REM's man on the moon came through with such perversion that the guitars sounded like some sort of a carboard box with rubber bands as strings. I honestly wonder how people can accept such massive coloration in sound. Perhaps the expectations of consumers have gone down. Infact, i don't see why the WAF is so high on these. They aren't stylish and are quite ugly. Please spend your money somewhere else.

Stellar sound. Experience amazing audio with the Bose(R) Acoustimass(R) 6 speaker system. The Acoustimass 6 Series III brings high-performance, lifeli...
QVC