Bose Acoustimass 6 Speaker System Reviews

Bose Acoustimass 6 Speaker System

Tiny speakers = HUGE sound! Bose Acoustimass

Mar 16, 2006 (Updated Aug 19, 2008)

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Quality, quality, and more quality. Great sound!

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Another quality product by Bose. I am totally happy that I completed my home theater with this product. Hard to find something that compares!

While putting together my home theater system that I had already spent quite a bit on, I still needed a decent speaker system . I went to the store to see what was available, and that is where I and decided on purchasing the Bose Acoustimass 6 III System. It really wasn't a hard decision to make. Bose is well known for quality, and if you have ever listened to anything made by Bose, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

This Bose Acoustimass 6 sounds awesome!! The speakers are very small, and pack quite a punch! The sound clarity is second to none. These speakers are very small, and as Bose describes them, they truly are about the size of a coffee cup. These speakers deliver sound that feature very crisp high notes, to a booming bass that will shake your house. They produce sound that is equal to anything I have ever heard from speakers that are 10 times the size! They will blow you away while watching a movie with good surround sound.

The front left and right speakers provide for sound that seems as it should, no matter where you sit in the room, and the rear speakers help add to special effects.

I paid $699 for this speaker system at a local retailer which seems to be the going price at this time.

The Bose Acoustimass 6 III System features 5 speakers, and an Accoustimass (or bass) module.

These speakers are quite small, they measure 3" high,
3" wide, and 4" deep and are almost unseen in your living room. The Acoustimass or bass module measures about 16" high, 8" wide, and 22" deep. The small speakers weigh about 1 lb., and the bass module is about 27 lbs.

These speakers will work with a receiver that is rated from 10 to 150 watts per channel, rated from 4-8 ohms. They are available in either black, or white.

Hooking up this system is a breeze. Just plug the speakers into the bass module, and then into your receiver and you are ready to go. This is very easy to do, because all of the speaker wires are labeled.(front left, front center, front right, left rear,and right rear) I would recommend you have a fairly decent receiver.

Bose also did a great job at giving you plenty of speaker wire to work with. You are given 20 feet of wire from the Acoustimass module to your receiver, 20 feet of wire for each your front speakers, and 50 feet of speaker wire for each of the rear speakers. This turned out to be more than enough for me to correctly position my speakers as they should be. There was plenty of speaker wire to allow me to run my speakers all the way to the back of my living room, with some to spare. I ran my speaker wires to the back of my living room by drilling through the floor, and then running them through the ceiling of my basement, then back up the rear wall of my living room. Ya, this was a little bit of a hassle that took me about 2 hours, but I wanted to do the job right, and hide my wiring the best that I could. I have my front middle speaker on top of my tv, and my front left and right speakers mounted on stands that I purchased separately.

The stands for my front speakers I bought separately for about $39 for a pair. They aren't Bose products, but do the same job and look very nice. My rear speakers, and front middle I mounted with other brackets that I bought separately. They were about $9 a piece.

Bose does give you some advice on speaker placement in the owners manual they provide. It is well worth taking a look at to give you maximum surround sound effect. They also include a couple of knobs on the Acoustimass module so that you can increase or decrease the level of bass that it provides. You also will get more, or less bass depending on the direction you place the Acoustimass module. Face it towards a wall, and you get more bass, face it towards you, and you get a little less bass response.

The sound that these speakers produce is like no other. While watching a movie, you feel as if you are right there. While listening to music, you will actually hear it how it was meant to be heard, totally crisp, clean, and clear.

I also like the fact that if for instance, you are listening to music rather than watching tv and happen to crank up the power a little too much, the Bose Acoustimass 6 will shut itself down. This comes in handy I guess to save you from blowing out the speakers.

Overall, I have to say this is another awesome product from Bose. The sound is totally crisp and clear. It may be a little pricey, but am I happy I bought it? Was it worth the money? DARN RIGHT I'M HAPPY!!!!

To protect your home theater system, check out the Monster Home Theater Power Center HTS850 Surge Suppressor Protector

Thanks for reading my Bose speaker review,
hddan

The Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III is a 5.1 channel home theater speaker system designed for optimal sound quality in small rooms. Its compact size and...