Bose Acoustimass 6 Speaker System Reviews

Dec 27, 2006

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Ease of setup, small and compact design, Crisp Sound, Deep and rich bass.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend these speakers to anyone. Professional sound doesn't have to cost a fortune.

Before I bought my Bose speakers, I had big KLH speakers for the front, coupled with AudioSource indoor/outdoor speakers for the rear and small KLH speakers for my center channel and a Yamaha subwoofer. At the time I had collected all of these speakers they were all right, in fact, I thought they were pretty good. Then about a year after that, my parents purchased a Klipsch Home Theater system and suddenly my speakers didn't sound that great and I found out what my ears had been missing.

I decided that I was going to upgrade my speakers without spending the $1400 that my parents did. I had heard from friends that Bose made really great speakers so I decided to try them out. I went to the store and listened to the Acoustimass 5 setup coupled with a Harmon Kardon Receiver. Needless to say, these speakers sounded excellent. So the next day I decided that I would purchase the Acoustimass 6 because I wanted the 5.1 surround sound that I had grown accustomed to. Another reason I decided to purchase these speakers was due to the fact that they were half the price.

When I opened the box, a helpful and brightly colored setup manual greeted me and told me exactly how to set up the speakers. Underneath that were the five cube speakers, all the wiring necessary and the bass module. Setup was simple and easy and took less than 15 minutes.

So the moment of truth arrived when I had everything set up and I turned my receiver on. First, I played Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. As soon as the speakers began pumping out the music I instantly had a chill up my spine! The guitar was clear and crisp and the bass was deep and rich. Every note was correctly placed in my ears and even to this day I still close my eyes and have to open them again to make sure I am not live at the recording studio.

Now, I know that there are others whose opinions differ and I may have some possible solutions. The speakers can only perform as well as the unit driving the signal. I have my speakers coupled with a Pioneer VSX-D711 which does great. Another issue that was presented in other reviews was that the speakers sounded much better in the store than at home. Again, the retailer will more than likely use top of the line receivers to play music on the speakers. So ask what they are using to play music on the speakers and see if what you have measures up. Finally, the fine-tuning really puts these speakers where they should be. After hooking up my speakers I discovered that fine tuning (adjusting crossover, test tone adjustments, etc.) made the speakers sound even better.

Overall these speakers are a great value for the money. With the proper setup and correct equipment, these speakers will perform wonderfully.

The Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III is a 5.1 channel home theater speaker system designed for optimal sound quality in small rooms. Its compact size and...