Bose Acoustimass 6 Speaker System Reviews

Bose Acoustimass 6 Speaker System

Poor value by any measure.

Oct 28, 2008 (Updated Oct 28, 2008)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:Easy to set up.

Cons:Worst sounding speakers on this planet and any other planet.

The Bottom Line: Any speaker between $200 and $800 will sound much better.

I learned very quickly that the people that love Bose have no experience at all in listening to different speakers or listening to live music.

Most Bose owners that love them either upgraded from a clock radio or never heard anything but Bose.

I asked every person that sold Bose at 8 stores if they owned Bose themselves and everyone said no. They said, “no highs, no lows, must be Bose” All of them said it was their least favorite speaker but they make the most money selling them.

So I decided to listen to a lot of speakers at smaller specialty stores that carry brands that are less known. I used 4 CD’s and 2 DVD’s I was familiar with and listened at the same volume range.

The speakers I compared to the Bose Accoustimass 6 were from:
Paradigm
B & W
Celestion
Warfidale
Canton
PSB

In every comparison without exception the above speakers sounded at least 30 times better. This is not an over statement. The Bose sounded damaged or sounded like a Junior High class project for Junior Achievement.

I asked an Audio engineer at a recording studio and he said that most speakers that sell for $800 have $200 worth of raw materials in them. The Bose in comparison have $26 of raw materials in them. This gives Bose the funds to advertise far more than any other Audio company.

The Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III is a 5.1 channel home theater speaker system designed for optimal sound quality in small rooms. Its compact size and...