Read Reviews (11) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 TRAILBLAZER

View all reviews by sallysdogwill

Almost 15 months new and I still love it.......

by sallysdogwill:      Sep 19, 2006

Pros: Excellent ride, powerful smooth I6, short turning radius, luxury features such as memory foot pedals
Cons: Some wind noise, creaks in doors over bumps, dust gets by weatherstripping
The Bottom Line: I would buy one. Get it if you want an SUV and not a car. This is an SUV! YOu can tow stuff good. It's made for it

The engine is a big plus on this vehicle and a big reason why I bought it. I wanted the latest and greatest technology and the Vortex I6 delivers. The wireless throttle makes accelerations a driving pleasure instead of a chore like on a Toyota (my last vehicle). It handles like a luxury vehicle but I had to suddenly avoid a deer the other day and the electronic stability control was surprisingly adequate - very little roll or recoil in the steering, I completely under control the whole time. Everything works well in this vehicle. If you're buying one the extra features make it really nice, such as memory seats, heated leather, sunroof that tilts and opens adjustable foot pedals (esp if your spouse is a little shorter, power seats, heated mirrors, onboard computer, keyless entry, XM, On-Star with hands free phone, 4x4, etc. The only thing I miss is the navigation system but this is expensive and you must sacrifice the 6 CD changer for a single one as I understand. So if you don't use one much then I'm not sure it will ever pay for itself. This is a quality vehicle. Over a year old and no problems. This is much more reliable than my Toyota that I purchased new so if you think Toyota is somehow better reliability wise I believe that, if ever true years back, is no longer an issue. Also something to consider is the price of a comparably priced 4 Runner. When I checked, a used 4 Runner on the showroom floor was as expensive as my brand new Trailblazer. I would like to write more about how great a vehicle this is but I'm out of time.
Amount Paid (US$): 30,000