Read Reviews (11) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 TRAILBLAZER

Quality and Reliabilty

by wpnsgy:      Dec 23, 2006 - Updated Oct 9, 2007

Pros: Nice ride 4wheel drive reasonable gas mileage
Cons: None at this time
The Bottom Line: A nice vehicle for the family in any weather or terrain

At the end of my review for the 2004 Trailblazer I let you know that my wife had been involved in a accident with it.and it was in for repairs. Back ordered parts and my leaving for deployment forced us into by another trailblazer as we had been happy with the last on. A 2005 was available at a reasonable price with aproximately 16 K on it So we purchased it. This vehicle is almost identical to the 2004 with the exception of the interior being dressed up a bit more with the LS trim level.The wider and slightly longer wheel base improves the ride 100 % over the old 4 Door S-10 Blazer and the handling is much improved. This vehicle does not feel as tippy as the S 10 did and really feels like it is hugging the road. The vehicle we purchased comes with Cruise Control, Air Conditioning, 4 wheel drive, automatic transmission, cloth interior, power windows,power mirrors, AM FM CD player,rear wiper, rear defrost,It is also equipped with the in line 6 cylinder motor which I have been very impressed with as far as power and responsiveness.One option that I would have liked would have been a block heater for the engine but we have had no problems with the vehicle starting with -20 degree weather.
We have owned this Vehicle for about a years time but the overall impression is very good. The only problem so far has been a malfunction of the CD player which is schedule for repair under the warranty which is 3 years or 36,000 miles bumper to bumper. The Trailblazer has Style plenty of interior space and all the power one needs in this type vehicle. The quality of the workmanship appears to be good. I would recommend this to a first time SUV buyer or for any one that is looking to replace an older S 10 Blazer Ford Explorer the Improvement in Ride and handling will really surprise you.
I will continue to update this as our experience with the Trailblazer grows.
Vehicle is now at 35 K and has a problem with the oil leaking from the front struts but the local Chevrolet Dealer is taking care of the problem. Vehicle continues to be reliable and quite trouble free

Condition: Used