Read Reviews (11) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 TRAILBLAZER

View all reviews by midwestrecords

My new 2005 Trailblazer LT - 2 years later.

by midwestrecords:      Jan 13, 2007

Pros: Roomy,fun to drive,great 4wd,great option package
Cons: gas mileage,ground clearance,included tires
The Bottom Line: This has been a great vehicle for me, and I'm sure that you would enjoy one as well.

I purchased my 2005 Trailblazer in February of 2005. I had found the one I wanted - I just couldn't locate one. Finally, I broke down and ordered one directly from Chevrolet. My previous vehicle was a 1995 S-10 that lasted for 230,000 miles, and all I had to change was tires and a clutch, so I am pretty pleased with Chevrolet's vehicle quality.

My 2005 Trailblazer has the LT package, with all options available except the navigation system. Moonroof, XM radio, 6 disc changer with Bose, push button 4wd, heated leather seats, etc. It is metallic red with black and tan interior. It's been two years and 36K miles since purchase.

Let's start with the cosmetics. The paint quality on this vehicle is outstanding. The paint has not faded at all in two years. The black rubber trim pieces faded quite a bit, almost to a grey color, but they re-blacken with armor all quite well. The interior still looks great - the leather is still very supple, and has not begun to crack at all. The aluminum wheels are still bright and shiny, and I do quite a bit of driving on gravel roads. I had one piece of weatherstripping become loose, but my local dealer replaced that at no charge.

The engine in this vehicle is an aluminum inline six. It has plenty of power both in town, and on the interstate. I've not had any complaints with that. It is definitely a gas hog, though. I average 15 miles to the gallon in town, and around 19 on the highway.

The creature comforts work great. I do wish the vehicle had the larger sunroof like the tahoe, but it's plenty to let fresh air in. The Bose stereo is crisp and opens up at loud volumes. The steering-mounted controls are convenient and easy to usse.

I take this vehicle off-road occasionally, and I do have complaints about the ground clearance. I have broken the front air dam off once already on a small embankment. The four-wheel drive works as well as any I've ever owned, and the Automatic setting kicks in and out as required.

The Continental tires included with this vehicle are soft, and easy to injure. I've had four flat tires in two years. They have plenty of tread left, so I haven't replaced them, but not very impressive in my book.

This vehicle rides like a Cadillac; we take long road trips with it often. Great balance between ride quality and off-road stiffness.

Do I recommend buying this vehicle? Absolutely. It's been a lot of fun, and quite practical at the same time. Tires aside, it's been relatively problem-free for me. As tough as this vehicle has been for me, I'm sure that a used one would work out great for you.
Condition: New