Read Reviews (5) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 GMC Yukon

View all reviews by laneymbug

Great ride and lots of extras!

by laneymbug:      Apr 30, 2008

Pros: Smooth ride with all the extras!
Cons: Uses quite a bit of gas.
The Bottom Line: Great purchase if you have a big family.

We purchased the Yukon used from a local dealership. We have never purchased used before but are getting to the point where it seems like the only way to go. We have ended up upside down in so many new cars before and the leases always seem such a waste. So, this was our first used venture.

So far, so good! Our Yukon was owned by a lessee so it only had 33,000 miles on it. To us, that's nearly new. The leather interior looks and smells beautiful and new. The interior is so roomy. We will soon have three children so we needed the third row for the car seats. The Yukon is so big, now we think we might even be able to fit all three car seats in the middle row and use the back row for luggage and/or people, depending on the trip.

Our Yukon includes the DVD player which hangs in front of the second row. It's perfect because we don't have to use our portable DVD anymore and have fights over who gets to hold the screen. As a previous reviewer said though, with the width of the car, the screen could be bigger so those in the outer seats could see better. The Yukon has digital earphones as well so my husband and I don't have to hear Nemo and Shrek the entire trip anymore. The navigational system is through On Star and you have to purchase their package which is around $199.00 a year but worth it if you get lost a lot, like I do.

This car has great pick up. It it a smooth ride and brakes well. It does use quite a bit of gas, which makes a big difference these days. At least our payment is a bit lower since we bought used!
Amount Paid (US$): 29,500