Read Reviews (8) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 WRANGLER SPORT 4X4

View all reviews by wranglerman

um... allergen filtration? on a jeep?

by wranglerman:      Aug 10, 2005

Pros: available front and rear dana 44's, front and rear lockers, and super low gears
Cons: Sorry no allergen filtration, and it does not have the acceleration of a sports car.
The Bottom Line: If you are wanting a vehicle that could run circles around other vehicles off road and still is relatively comfortable on road, then this is a great ride.

Ok the above review is a little frustrating. I have owned a total of four Jeep vehicles. My most recent purchase was the 2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Jeep has made some great improvements on their Wrangler Rubicon (compared to their SE or X models). The only problem with this is that if you are not planning on taking the vehicle off road then you need to go buy a Honda or something. If you are worried about the re-circulation on the A/C controls then you really need to go get a nice little comfortable station wagon. The Wrangler Rubicon is made for off-Highway driving. It comes with a standard 4-1 transfer case, 4.11 front and rear Dana 44 axles and a 6 speed manual transmission. This vehicle is the most capable off road vehicle that I have had the pleasure of driving. It is not intended for those commutes to work on the freeway (although compared to my old Wrangler it has plenty of acceleration left at 75 miles per hour). In 2005 I also noticed that the Wrangler's ride is quieter and more comfortable than the 1999 Wrangler I had before. The Unlimited seems to make the ride smoother (with the extra 15" in length or so) for those rides to work. If you are worried about pollen, I'm sorry but this is not your vehicle. If you want to go places you have never been before (and look good doing it) then get the Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.
Amount Paid (US$): 26,000