Read Reviews (6) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 RX

View all reviews by firstclassjc

Great bells and whistles, although have problems

by firstclassjc:      Jan 10, 2008

Product Rating: 3.0 Recommended: No

Pros: great features
Cons: bad trade in
The Bottom Line: I wouldn't recommend this vehicle for it's reliability, although I will miss a lot of the features!

I purchased this vehicle brand new in 2005. I got the package that included the moonroof, leather heated seats, back up camera, bluetooth phone and navigation. At first it was a very smooth ride, and I love the features. This car was very loaded feature wise for the price, in comparison to other luxury small SUVs. However, I have had mechanical problems after the warranty expired. The brakes have had problems and it seems like everything squeaks. They also put the cheapest tires possible on the car, which need to be replaced really fast. I have maintained the car as suggested, which has been ridiculously expensive. The average gas mileage is about 20 mpg, which is ok for an SUV, especially since it doesn't require premium gasoline. I am trading this car in this week because I want something more fuel economic, and a lot of other companies have caught up on the bells and whistles offered, and can do it at a cheaper price. Also, the trade in value on this car is awful. It's a nice vehicle, but I wouldn't purchase another one, at least not new. It just seemed to fall apart really fast, and for what I paid for the vehicle I expected much better.
Condition: New