Read Reviews (6) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 TRIBUTE

Don't Buy!! They Are Poorly Constructed.

by kirkg:      Mar 2, 2005 - Updated Mar 3, 2005

Product Rating: 1.0 Recommended: No

Pros: I paid less than $24,001 for it.
Cons: Too many to list. (See paragraph below.)
The Bottom Line: Don't bother considering it. It is a poorly built vehicle that Mazda doesn't stand behind.

I purchased a 2005 Mazda Tribute S on January 4, 2005, from Dick Barker Mazda in Houma, Louisiana, and it has been in the shop for 24 days(23 consecutive days) for an "unrepairable" front-end alignment problem. The vehicle pulls severely to the left. If you let go of the steering wheel just briefly, the vehicle will cross the center line on the highway and swerve into the lane of oncoming traffic. Also, the front and rear brakes rub on the brake rotors when you do not have the brake pressed, which causes a loud squealing noise. The dealership resurfaced the front and rear brake rotors, then replaced the rear brake rotors which did not correct the problem. Here it is 3 months later, and the dealer stated that they cannot repair the alignment problem and will only repair the brake problem if Mazda can correct the alignment problem. Their advice was to report the problem to Mazda USA. I reported the problem to Mazda over a week ago, and have yet to receive a response. I have left several messages for my "case manager" at Mazda, but he never returns my telephone calls. Whenever I call Dick Barker, Inc., they take messages for the managers, but no one returns my calls. Now I have a $24,000 vehicle that I can only use to drive to and from work because it is a safety hazard. The vehicle was delivered without the retractable cargo cover which took two months to receive. Two of the body-side moldings have fallen off and been replaced twice. FYI...Do not buy a vehicle from Dick Barker Mazda in Houma, Louisiana. They lost my key for the locking lug nuts and removed the clearcoat from the hood whenever they tried to repair a paint defect. The entire vehicle was covered in yellow overspray whenever I picked it up from their Service Department. They refuse to fix the body-side moldings or remove the paint overspray until the alignment problem is resolved.
Amount Paid (US$): 24,000