Read Reviews (13) Compare Prices View Details Write a Review

2005 Saturn VUE

2005 Saturn Vue Review

by danovan:      Jun 1, 2011

Product Rating: 3.0 Recommended: No

Pros: Great storage space. Not bulky. Looks good.
Cons: Cabin noise very loud.  3rd transmission with only 60,000 miles on it.
The Bottom Line: I would not purchase a Saturn Vue.  The Saturn brand has been discontinued, and replacement parts and service will be more and more difficult to obtain.

I recently purchased a used 2005 Sautrn Vue with 55,000 miles on it.  For the first 7 months, I really enjoyed the car and only experienced the negative traits that I had read about in on-line reviews.  I bought my Vue to replace an automobile that was no longer operating.  I was very interested in a Suburu Forester, but chose the Vue for its similar qualities and lower price.  The Vue offers decent storage space without the bulk of a standard SUV.  The all wheel drive is handy for Minnesota winters.  There were several instances where I would have been stuck in snow without the all wheel drive feature. The transition from front wheel drive to all wheel drive is smooth and unnoticeable.  The appearance of the Saturn Vue is great, specifically the 2005 model.  What I do not like about my Saturn Vue is the way the transmission feels.  Whenever I shift into gear, it feels like the gears are grinding.  Recently, the transmission went out and I discovered that the transmission had gone out before I bought it less then a year earlier.  I am unable to say whether this problem is specific to my Saturn Vue, or if this is a characteristic of this model.
Amount Paid (US$): 10,200