First NEW car I bought in my life. After over 40k miles still proud and please with it. (Avg mileage to date: 45-46 MPG)
Besides selecting a well-round vehicle for the family, I was trying to reward myself with a new car for a career accomplishment.
2005 Toyota Prius Salsa Red with Package #4 (Smart Key, HID/fog light, Stability/Traction, Side curtain airbags)
What I like:
- Gas mileage for a "mid-size" lift back vehicle
- Not using gas at low speed, when you stop
- Smart Key system (make driving other cars that need keys look like technology in the past)
- More than expected storage spaces (but NO coin holders!)
- AC runs on electric, not drove by motor (gas saver)
- Great touch screen.
- Leg room in 2nd row
- Tight turning radius
- Tax rebate in 05 (10% of what I paid the car for)
- Hold its value
What I wish to have
- Call me greedy, tree-hugger or whatever you want, I wish to have EVEN better gas mileage.
- Door could be unlock only by touching the front doors handle or rear hatch, wish I could do the same with the rear doors (the newer Lexus and Avalon/camry has it)
- MP3, audio input, back up camera (well...06 has them)
- More scratch resistance interior (I think they fix it in 06)
- More Head room for rear seats
- The luggage space is actually quite limited by the sloped hatch and the rear wheel well.....wish it could fit more without folding down the seats (I got car seats.....)
- Got ground clearance problem when we have more than 4" of snow on the road.
- Wish I could reprogram traction, the motor shut down when the front wheel slips, have some close call on icy condition trying to do a left turn and merge in a lane.
- Tire treads ran shallow faster than I expected. Dropped to 4/32 in the upper 20Ks. Wish they last longer.
- Wish the heat was ran by electric (heater coil) so the motor would not be running to get heat in the car.
Amount Paid (US$):
2005Model and Options:
Prius Salsa Red Pkg 4