Cobra Electronics 148 GTL 120-Channels Base CB Radio Reviews

Cobra 148 stands next to all the export radios if tuned proper

Nov 21, 2004
Rated Show

• Sound Quality:

Pros: accurate swr meter, durable and heavy, can take all the bumps in the road

Cons:Wimpy speaker,s-meter is really crowded, a little ssb freq. drift

I have used a 148 in my vehicle for about two years now and I am totally convinced this is one of the best. Right out of the box I had a pro tune it for me. I hear that Maxon manufactures Cobra now and I will admit, Its a very well built radio, the performance out of box was a little wimpy. Always have them tuned before you use them. My tech got busy replacing componets with more superior ones, SSb part of the radio still amazes me today. I have never heard audio so loud but yet no over mod. My 148 maxes about 20 watts am and 22 watts ssb. I have DX contacts in every corner of the US, alot in canada too. Another thing, do not use the stock mike. I prefer the classic astatic but I'm sure that Turner or Wilson will do as well. If your like me and on a budget The 148 stands next to all the favorite high priced export radios in performance. Remember to get a pro tune, mic and good antenna. Always get unsolicited compliments from operators of all kinds.

Cobra 148GTL Single Sideband CB Radio
Newegg.com

Cobra 148GTL Single Sideband CB Radio
Newegg.com
COBRA 148GTL, AM/SSB CB RADIO, TECH TUNED W/HIGH RECEIVE, LOUD POWERFUL OUTPUT COBRA 148GTL AM/SSB 40 CHANNEL CB RADIO Up for auction today is this, N...