Cosco Auto 22297 Booster Car Seat Reviews

Cosco Auto 22297 Booster Car Seat

Cheap and small. Not designed for comfort.

Mar 24, 2007 (Updated Apr 14, 2007)
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:Cheap. Very easy to move between cars and buckle in properly.

Cons:Not comfortable-virtually no padding. The "armrests" pop off. Dark blue plastic.

The Bottom Line: Cheap, small, but not comfortable for the child. Easy to move between cars and easy for a child to get in and out of.

I purchased this when my son outgrew his other carseat. This is rated for 40-100 lbs. There was a huge price gap-this one was $18 and the next model was $60. I more or less got this to use until I could afford a better one.

1)Price: This was the main reason I purchased this.It was only $18.

2)Design: This is very small, which makes it easy to move between cars. My son even does this himself. It's easy for him to climb into and properly buckle himself in.

- It has a small, sturdy drink holder that swings out. Quite handy.

- The "armrests" are actually just little fabric "booties" that fit over the plastic molded arms. He took them off immediately, saying, "They don't do anything anyway." These could drive someone nuts who insists they should stay on.

- The seat padding is VERY thin, maybe like a 1/4" low density foam. It offers about as much comfort as a small handtowel. The only advantage is that it's machine washable, so that it's easy to remove and wash occassionally.

- Main body is dark blue plastic (as with most carseats), didn't anyone think about it heating up in the sun? Me personally, I'd rather deal with a few smudges or stains on a cooler, light colored seat that doesn't cause third degree burns after being in the sun.

One advantage to this small booster is that he can actually rest his back against a regular carseat, like most car passengers. This presents a drawback in that he now doesn't sit forward/up as much as before, and he can't see out the windows as easily. That,in turn causes him to half climb out of the seat in an effort to see out the window from time to time.

As for safety, I can understand how these help take up the lapbelt slack for children, but without proper belt guides to firmly hold the shoulder belt in place, I'm a little concerned. However, I'd rather not subject my son to a hard-breaking test to find out how it really performs if necessary.

My final note: EVERYONE wants their child to be safe and comfortable. Unless you can afford to spend upwards of $200, you can't get close to comfortable. Who, themselves, would want to ride in a car for *any* duration sitting on nothing more than hard plastic seat covered with fabric (at least they did away with the plastic covers).

Age Range of Child: 6 to 8 Years

Columbian Home Products 22297bhw Cosco Juvenile Highrise Booster Car Seat, Holly

Type: Booster, Forward Facing, With Vehicle Seat Belts, Recommended for More than 4 Years children, Weight Limit 30 - 100 lbs.

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat - Falcon

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat - Falcon

Powered by Frooition Pro Action Figures Arts Crafts Bikes, Scooters Riding Toys Building Sets Blocks Dolls Stuffed Animals Electronics Games Puzzles L...

Cosco Windmill Highback Booster Car Seat

Cosco Windmill Highback Booster Car Seat

Cosco baby gear at Kohls.com - Shop for more car seats, like this Cosco Windmill Highback Booster Car Seat, at Kohls.com. Model no. 22253BMQ
Kohl's

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat in Canteen

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat in Canteen

Give your child both safety and comfort with this car seat by Cosco. With one convenient, easy-to-reach cupholder and five-point harness, this versati...
Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat - Ava

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat - Ava

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat - Windmill

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat - Windmill

Cosco Juvenile Top Side Booster Car Seat, Turquoise, Child Pad Comfort Comfy

Cosco Juvenile Top Side Booster Car Seat, Turquoise, Child Pad Comfort Comfy

Listing Payment Shipping Handling Returns Exchanges Store Contact Payment We want to ensure that all of our buyers are offered all the benefits that e...

Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat - Abby Lane