Click to see larger image
Cosco Auto 22297 Booster Car Seat
(5 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating:
Cheap and small. Not designed for comfort.
Mar 24, 2007 (Updated Apr 14, 2007)
Review by bennyzmom2
Rated a Helpful Review
User Rating: OK
Ease of Use:
Pros:Cheap. Very easy to move between cars and buckle in properly.
Cons:Not comfortable-virtually no padding. The "armrests" pop off. Dark blue plastic.
The Bottom Line: Cheap, small, but not comfortable for the child. Easy to move between cars and easy for a child to get in and out of.
I purchased this when my son outgrew his other carseat. This is rated for 40-100 lbs. There was a huge price gap-this one was $18 and the next model was $60. I more or less got this to use until I could afford a better one.
Recommend this product?
1)Price: This was the main reason I purchased this.It was only $18.
2)Design: This is very small, which makes it easy to move between cars. My son even does this himself. It's easy for him to climb into and properly buckle himself in.
- It has a small, sturdy drink holder that swings out. Quite handy.
- The "armrests" are actually just little fabric "booties" that fit over the plastic molded arms. He took them off immediately, saying, "They don't do anything anyway." These could drive someone nuts who insists they should stay on.
- The seat padding is VERY thin, maybe like a 1/4" low density foam. It offers about as much comfort as a small handtowel. The only advantage is that it's machine washable, so that it's easy to remove and wash occassionally.
- Main body is dark blue plastic (as with most carseats), didn't anyone think about it heating up in the sun? Me personally, I'd rather deal with a few smudges or stains on a cooler, light colored seat that doesn't cause third degree burns after being in the sun.
One advantage to this small booster is that he can actually rest his back against a regular carseat, like most car passengers. This presents a drawback in that he now doesn't sit forward/up as much as before, and he can't see out the windows as easily. That,in turn causes him to half climb out of the seat in an effort to see out the window from time to time.
As for safety, I can understand how these help take up the lapbelt slack for children, but without proper belt guides to firmly hold the shoulder belt in place, I'm a little concerned. However, I'd rather not subject my son to a hard-breaking test to find out how it really performs if necessary.
My final note: EVERYONE wants their child to be safe and comfortable. Unless you can afford to spend upwards of $200, you can't get close to comfortable. Who, themselves, would want to ride in a car for *any* duration sitting on nothing more than hard plastic seat covered with fabric (at least they did away with the plastic covers).
Amount Paid (US$): 18.00
Age Range of Child: 6 to 8 Years
Share this product review with your friends
VMInnovations Mobile Electronics Home Electronics Sports Outdoors Toys Baby For Your Home Cosco Pronto Baby/Child Booster Car Seat - Teardrop | BC033B...
1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Cosco Juvenile Pronto Belt-Positioning Booster Car S...
1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Cosco Juvenile Highrise Booster Car Seat Holly with ...
The Cosco Ambassador Children's Booster Car Seat with Broadway Dots is a booster seat made to offer improved car safety for your child, with a design ...
TRANSLATE Arabic Chinese French German Greek Indonesian Italian Hindi Japanese Korean Swedish Portuguese Russian Spanish Cosco Inc BC033AOL Cosco Juve...
The Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat is designed to keep your child safer through two different stages. It starts as a forwardfacing, fully harnessed ...
Make sure your child rides safely and in style with the Cosco High Back Booster Car Seat. This booster is designed for children 22 to 80 pounds, and f...
Type: Booster, Forward Facing, With Vehicle Seat Belts, Recommended for More than 4 Years children, Weight Limit 30 - 100 lbs.
Cosco baby gear at Kohls.com - Shop for more car seats, like this Cosco Windmill Highback Booster Car Seat, at Kohls.com. Model no. 22253BMQ
Cosco 22253BMQ Features: -Booster car seat.-Pattern: Windmill.-Lightweight design for ease of traveling.-5-Point harness with up-front adjustment.-Hig...