Cuisinart DFP-3 3 Cups Food Processor Reviews

Cuisinart DFP-3 3 Cups Food Processor

+$8.20 shipping Sears

Small in size, but big in power!

Aug 28, 2008

Pros:Small footprint, light, excellent performance, good warranty

Cons:Doesn't handle extremely small amounts of food well (but none of them do!)

The Bottom Line: Great little food processor - less expensive than its larger cousins, but still plenty of power!

We got this food processor as a gift, as we just had our first baby. We planned to make all baby food fresh (rather than canned) and needed a processor to do all that chopping and puree-ing for us. This has definitely fit the bill!

First, it's size. It is (I think) one of the smallest food processors that Cuisinart makes. It is 15.9 x 9.8 x 6.7 inches, and only weighs 9 lbs. And, as you can expect based on its small dimensions, it also only holds 3 cups. However, it is perfect for our needs. Being so small, it is easy to keep on the counter, and it does not get in the way.

It comes with the chopping / mixing blade, a slicing disk and a shredding disk. It also has a side chute, which makes slicing those long items easier - (think celery or carrots). Basically, you can feed the carrot in the top, it slices it and feeds the sliced carrots out the side.

We have used it for various fruits and vegetables, and it has quickly done its job each time. Never a problem.

Cleaning up is fairly easy with most things, but sugary things (such as bananas) tend to cling to the serated edge of the blade. So, a little manual cleaning is required with certain foods. Otherwise, it cleans very easily, and the plastic bowl and lid always clean up well.

The only slight problem for our use (baby food) is that when using only a small amount of food (such as 1/2 a banana or a few green beans), it tends to push the food against the outside of the bowl instead of chopping or puree-ing the food. This is no doubt something that all food processors would do, but I thought I would mention it, as it really is the only complaint I have.

The controls are easy to grasp and easy to do what you need - options are "on" and "pulse." pretty easy and not much technology to screw it up!

It is warranted for 3 years "bumper to bumper" and has a 5 year warranty on the motor. These seem to be a strong statement about the quality of this food processor. After having used it for about 6 months, it is apparent they have made a quality product.

So, I guess the summary is it is a nice, compact unit. It is easy to use, and does exactly what you would expect of a high-quality food processor.

Feature a chute attachment for continuous slicing or shredding and a 3-cup work bowl with feed tube. Ejector disc directs ingredients through chute at...

Sleek yet powerful, the Cuisinart DFP-3 is a 3-cup food processor that is ideal for all your slicing and chopping needs. You can shred and slice small...
Cuisinart DFP-3 Handy Prep 3-Cup Food Processor Click Thumbnails to Enlarge CUISINART DFP-3 HANDY PREP 3-CUP FOOD PROCESSOR Chute attachment for conti...