Definitive Technology BP8B Main / Stereo Speakers Reviews

Definitive Technology BP8B Main / Stereo Speakers

1 consumer review

The Act of God speaker's

Apr 6, 2002 (Updated Apr 7, 2002)

• Flatness:
  • Imaging:
  • Overall Sound:

Pros:The Ultimate Home Theater Speaker's

Cons:NOTHING

The Bottom Line: The most realistic ambient surround speaker ever.

I recently bought a Definitive technology speaker's system which I replaced my BOSE AM15 & the act of god speaker's happened!

Before I doubted the Definitive Technology speaker particularly the Pro100 system because of inability to be used on vocal's, so my BOSE AM15 had to do that job. Now I recently design & built a room exclusively to be used on Home Theater and decided to use the Definitive B P 8b's as my front's speakers. I auditioned it well in the speaker store and I was satisfied, so I bought it and install it in my home theater room. When I start to test it and played a Dolby digital program particularly the movie saving Private Ryan. I was stun! The heart stopping effect on the part of D-day where all the explosion's are happening I suddenly become a part of that scene. The B P 8B's are absolutely perfect for my room. The room size is 7.5 x 3.75 meter and the headroom is 8ft. And the B P 8B's are rated at 200 watts per channel into 4-8 ohms, which is at 30KHz! I thought the frequency that is above the human audibility is useless but when I used the B P 8B's I prove my self-wrong its no longer audibility but already a physical contact. I used my existing Yamaha R X V 995 which is rated at 100 watts per channel all 5 channels driven into 4-8 ohms. But I'm looking forward to the H K - A V R 8500, which is T H X ultra certified.

The B P 8B's run's absolutely stunning on Dolby digital by Yamaha. How about on H K which is known for its clean power and by the T H X ultra program? So I imagine... that is the revelation.

Anyway here's the final verdict. Although the B P 8B's are passive they are great on power and performance, it puts out the best of your electronics not even mentioning its slender tower design, the sound is ambient so wide and huge your room's turn's into the movie scene, great! Great! Great! You won’t regret it.

Here's my new Home Theater system:

Definitive B P 8'b front left & right speaker
Definitive C L R 2002 center speaker
Definitive B P 2X surround
Definitive P F 1500TL+ sub woofer
Yamaha R X V 995 looking forward to H K - A V R 8500
Pioneer 535 D V D player
Pioneer projector H D T V

Grace your home theater system with the Definitive BP8B speaker and enjoy outstanding sound by the amazing 200 Watt power output. With a frequency res...