Electrolux Epic 3500 - Blue on white - Vacuum Cleaner

Electrolux Epic Series 3500 Upright

Aug 20, 2000 (Updated Oct 22, 2000)

Pros:the mini powerhead, self-propelled, easy on the arms and back.

Cons:none

After many years of being totally dissatisfied with the upright vacuum cleaner that I had, I purchased the Electrolux Epic Series 350SR Upright Vacuum. My mother has always used Electrolux products and I have seen how durable they are and how well that they clean. I always hesitated in buying one because of the price. I am now glad that I invested in my Electrolux.

This vacuum is the only one that you will ever need to clean your home. Weighing in at less than 20 pounds,this self-propelled vacuum is also not a "back breaker" like so many vacuums tend to be.

It comes with a 25 ft. cord that wraps up easily on the back side of the unit. I can vacuum my whole house with only having to change electrical outlets one time.

This vacuum has two motor settings. Conveniently located on the top of the handle is the on/off switch. Push all the way forward and you have it in the position to work the powerhead for vacuuming carpets. The first position does not engage the powerhead and is used for vacuuming bare floors or when using the attachments. It has a 11 amp, 220 watt motor.

This vacuum is very maneuverable with it's L-shaped power nozzle, you can go around table legs and under cabinets. It lays down almost flat for the ability to vacuum under beds and furniture. It cleans dirt that accumulates next to walls and cabinets with the edge cleaner.

There is a handy carrying case that the attachments fit easily into and has a slot for storing the attachment hose and extra bags. The attachment hose is easily attached to the upright canister at the top. Attachments include: a crevice tool, two 3 ft. extension wands, a brush that is good for cleaning vents, mini blinds, cobwebs, etc. and a small powerhead. The small powerhead is my favorite attachment. I use it to clean my mattresses, upholstery, and vehicles. It is also designed to be used with stairs. It also has it's own on/off switch that is conveniently located on the top.

The vacuum has a filter on the side that traps particles that can cause allergies. The vacuum bags themselves are called germgrabber filter bags. They are designed to remove microscopic particles from your carpet and has a strip that kills odor causing bacteria.

The bags just drop in and are easily removed. There is a indicator that alerts you when it is time to change your filter bag. The vacuum came with 6 replacement filter bags. I have had my vacuum for 4 months and am still using those. Filter bags can be ordered through the mail at a cost of approximately $2.00 per bag. If you buy 24 bags, you can purchase them at $29.99. You can also get replacement bags from your local representative. My representative stated he would sell me what ever quantity of bags that I wanted at a time.

There is also a filter bag that was designed for allergy sensitive users called the "iota". They are suppose to "dramatically reduce your exposure to most known allergy causing indoor air pollutants." These bags are more expensive at $15.00 for 6 bags. I personally have found that our allergies have been better since purchasing this vacuum and we have only used the germgrabber filter bag.

The Electrolux Epic 3500SR is the best vacuum that I have ever owned and I highly recommend it to everyone. I don't even dread having to vacuum anymore! The regular price is $850.00. I paid $650.00 for it when they were having a sale and I am glad that I spent the extra money to get a vacuum that really does what they advertise it will do. It comes with a complete 5 year warranty.

May I add, I purchased this vacuum from the second salesperson to come to my house. The first one told me that the price was $1200 and that she would give me a break and sell it to me for $850. Because I was really interested in this particular vacuum, I called another Electrolux salesperson and asked them about it. The result, he told me they were going on sale the following month and I saved $250.00. It pays to shop around!

I would also like to add that I don't think this is a good gift for babies but for parents of new babies. Do you really believe that your current vacuum is getting up all the dirt that is in your carpet? Remember, your floor is your baby's playground! I do, now that I have my Electrolux vacuum!

Electrolux Pu3650 - White - Central Vacuum Cleaner Unit Only

Electrolux Pu3650 - White - Central Vacuum Cleaner Unit Only

Central System, 14.5 Amp., 4 Gallons Capacity, HEPA, , Weight: 28.1 lb.

Electrolux Commercial Backpack Vacuum 412

Electrolux Commercial Backpack Vacuum 412

Electrolux 412 Features: -Includes a multitude of attachments: telescopic chrome steel wands, floor tool, deluxe floor and wall brush, dusting brush, ...
Wayfair Supply

Electrolux Home Care Electrolux Nimble Upright EL8602A

Electrolux Home Care Electrolux Nimble Upright EL8602A

Electrolux Nimble Upright Bagless. More Swivel. Less Struggle. Power: 12 amp. Filtration: Sealed HEPA filtration. Cord Length: 30'. Bagless Container....
Electrolux Ergorapido Ultra Plus Bagless 2-in-1 Stick/Hand Vacuum EL1022A

Electrolux Ergorapido Ultra Plus Bagless 2-in-1 Stick/Hand Vacuum EL1022A

Ergorapido Ultra Plus Bagless 2-in-1 Stick/Hand Vacuum - EL1022A. Crevice Tool. Dusting Brush. Charging Stand
CPO Electrolux

Electrolux JetMaxx Bag Canister Vacuum, EL4040A

Electrolux JetMaxx Bag Canister Vacuum, EL4040A

The Electrolux JetMaxx Bag Canister Vacuum offers powerful suction with a motorized nozzle for deep cleaning. The large-capacity bag and washable HEPA...

Newegg.com

Electrolux Ergorapido Stick And Hand Vacuum - EL1022A

Electrolux Ergorapido Stick And Hand Vacuum - EL1022A

2-In-1 Tool/ 12 Volts of PowerMotorized Brush-Roll/ 2-Position Switch/ LED Headlight/ Crevice Tool & Dusting Brush/ No-Touch Dust Cup/ 180-Degree Swiv...
Abt Electronics

Electrolux Vacuums Ergorapido Ultra+, 2-in-1 Cordless Stick and Handheld Vacuum EL1022A

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. The Ergorapido Ultra+ offers the cleaning maneuverability of a lightweight stick vacuum, with the convenience a...
Home Depot