Electrolux Epic 3500 - Blue on white - Vacuum Cleaner

Electrolux Epic Series 3500 Upright

Aug 20, 2000 (Updated Oct 22, 2000)

Pros:the mini powerhead, self-propelled, easy on the arms and back.

Cons:none

After many years of being totally dissatisfied with the upright vacuum cleaner that I had, I purchased the Electrolux Epic Series 350SR Upright Vacuum. My mother has always used Electrolux products and I have seen how durable they are and how well that they clean. I always hesitated in buying one because of the price. I am now glad that I invested in my Electrolux.

This vacuum is the only one that you will ever need to clean your home. Weighing in at less than 20 pounds,this self-propelled vacuum is also not a "back breaker" like so many vacuums tend to be.

It comes with a 25 ft. cord that wraps up easily on the back side of the unit. I can vacuum my whole house with only having to change electrical outlets one time.

This vacuum has two motor settings. Conveniently located on the top of the handle is the on/off switch. Push all the way forward and you have it in the position to work the powerhead for vacuuming carpets. The first position does not engage the powerhead and is used for vacuuming bare floors or when using the attachments. It has a 11 amp, 220 watt motor.

This vacuum is very maneuverable with it's L-shaped power nozzle, you can go around table legs and under cabinets. It lays down almost flat for the ability to vacuum under beds and furniture. It cleans dirt that accumulates next to walls and cabinets with the edge cleaner.

There is a handy carrying case that the attachments fit easily into and has a slot for storing the attachment hose and extra bags. The attachment hose is easily attached to the upright canister at the top. Attachments include: a crevice tool, two 3 ft. extension wands, a brush that is good for cleaning vents, mini blinds, cobwebs, etc. and a small powerhead. The small powerhead is my favorite attachment. I use it to clean my mattresses, upholstery, and vehicles. It is also designed to be used with stairs. It also has it's own on/off switch that is conveniently located on the top.

The vacuum has a filter on the side that traps particles that can cause allergies. The vacuum bags themselves are called germgrabber filter bags. They are designed to remove microscopic particles from your carpet and has a strip that kills odor causing bacteria.

The bags just drop in and are easily removed. There is a indicator that alerts you when it is time to change your filter bag. The vacuum came with 6 replacement filter bags. I have had my vacuum for 4 months and am still using those. Filter bags can be ordered through the mail at a cost of approximately $2.00 per bag. If you buy 24 bags, you can purchase them at $29.99. You can also get replacement bags from your local representative. My representative stated he would sell me what ever quantity of bags that I wanted at a time.

There is also a filter bag that was designed for allergy sensitive users called the "iota". They are suppose to "dramatically reduce your exposure to most known allergy causing indoor air pollutants." These bags are more expensive at $15.00 for 6 bags. I personally have found that our allergies have been better since purchasing this vacuum and we have only used the germgrabber filter bag.

The Electrolux Epic 3500SR is the best vacuum that I have ever owned and I highly recommend it to everyone. I don't even dread having to vacuum anymore! The regular price is $850.00. I paid $650.00 for it when they were having a sale and I am glad that I spent the extra money to get a vacuum that really does what they advertise it will do. It comes with a complete 5 year warranty.

May I add, I purchased this vacuum from the second salesperson to come to my house. The first one told me that the price was $1200 and that she would give me a break and sell it to me for $850. Because I was really interested in this particular vacuum, I called another Electrolux salesperson and asked them about it. The result, he told me they were going on sale the following month and I saved $250.00. It pays to shop around!

I would also like to add that I don't think this is a good gift for babies but for parents of new babies. Do you really believe that your current vacuum is getting up all the dirt that is in your carpet? Remember, your floor is your baby's playground! I do, now that I have my Electrolux vacuum!

Electrolux (Blue/White) Wand for Lux 6500, Epic Guardian

Electrolux (Blue/White) Wand for Lux 6500, Epic Guardian

Electrolux (Blue/White) Wand for Lux 6500, 7000, 9000, Central Vacs, Guardian, Epic 8000, Legacy and Renaissance. Fits models C102A, C102D, C102G, C10...

Electrolux Aerus,epic Guardian Power Nozzle Wand Blue & White Part 26-1909-15

Electrolux Aerus,epic Guardian Power Nozzle Wand Blue & White Part 26-1909-15

Electrolux Aerus Guardian, Epic, Lux , 6500 Series Canister Power Nozzle Wand Blue White Generic Part # 26-1909-15 { Color May Vary }

Electrolux Power Nozzle Elbow Assembly W/wires ( Gray/white ) Epic 6500

Electrolux Power Nozzle Elbow Assembly W/wires ( Gray/white ) Epic 6500

Electrolux Power Nozzle Elbow Assembly W/Wires ( GRAY/WHITE ) # EPIC 6500 FITS:LUX GUARDIAN/LUX 9000/LUX LEGACY/EPIC 6500/EPIC 6000 /EPIC 8000/RENAISS...

Electrolux Epic Guardian Style Floor Brush

Electrolux Epic Guardian Style Floor Brush

Electrolux Epic Guardian Floor brush with horse hair

Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum Crevice Tool Attachment Narrow Space

Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum Crevice Tool Attachment Narrow Space

Electrolux Epic 6500 Vacuum Crevice Tool Attachment Narrow Space Click Photos to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Description Electrolux Epic 6500 Crevice Too...
Electrolux Epic Adapter Tube

Electrolux Epic Adapter Tube

Adapter Tube for Electrolux Epic canister Vacuum.

Electrolux Epic Hose For 6500/7000/legacy

Electrolux Epic Hose For 6500/7000/legacy

Replacement vacuum hose with standard pistol grip fits Electrolux models and series including, but not limited to, Electrolux 5000, Electrolux 7000, E...

Electrolux Epic 2500 Upright Vacuum Belt

Electrolux Epic 2500 Upright Vacuum Belt

Geared belt for Electrolux Aerus Epic 2500 upright vacuum cleaner. This is 10mm wide and with 54 teeth. The belt is app 5 when made flat. Also fits Pu...

Electrolux Epic 6500 6000 Vacuum Power Switch Push Button & Yoke On Off

Electrolux Epic 6500 6000 Vacuum Power Switch Push Button & Yoke On Off

Electrolux Epic 6500 6000 Vacuum Power Switch Push Button Yoke ON OFF Click Photos to Enlarge Click to Enlarge Description Electrolux Epic 6500 Button...

Electrolux Epic 6500 Canister Switch Button

Electrolux Epic 6500 Canister Switch Button

Electrolux Epic 6500 Canister Switch Button. Color may vary for this item part no # 26-9630-09 , EXR-3466