Krups ProEdition FLF2  Cordless Electric Kettle Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Free Shipping Goodmans

second times a charm?

Oct 7, 2009

Pros:Works great, works fast, looks clean in the kitchen, easy to use.

Cons:Our first one broke, but was easily replaced.

The Bottom Line: Buy this item if you're looking for a good electric kettle that's fast and easy to use - just remember to save the box and your receipt, just in case.

We are going on our second Krups Electric Kettle. The first one we bought broke after about a month (of every morning use). It just suddenly and completely stopped working. You'd push the button, and nothing would happen - no blue light, no sounds, no nothing!

However, for the month in which it had worked beautifully for us, we absolutely loved it. It heated the water up very quickly. It was very easy to use and to clean. The plastic is a higher quality of plastic so you do not taste or smell that "plasticy" smell like you do with cheaper kettles that have plastic parts on them. It's just a very simple, good, user-friendly kettle.

...which is why when it suddenly hit the high road on us and quit working we decided it must have just been a faulty one, and so we took it back to the store we bought it from (I always save my reciepts) and we exchanged it for a new one - the exact same model, color, and everything.

This new replacement one has lasted over a year now without any problems. We've begun using it more often, too, as we've discovered it's great for road trips (our car has an outlet) and even camping. We use it to heat water for instant soups, hot cocoa, tea, even for making a bowl of rice noodles and instant soup broth. We recently had the flu bug run through our family and this kettle worked overtime heating water for theraflu medicine, tea, and filling hot water bottles. I've even used it to heat water to boiling to clean our toothbrushes and to pour over ant hills outside. I just love this kettle. Everyday it seems I find a new use for it.

If you choose to buy this lovely kettle, purchase it from a place with a customer-friendly returns policy (such as Bed, Bath and Beyond, that's where we bought - and replaced - ours). And remember to save the box and your receipt. Hopefully you won't need it, but you just never know.

Krups FLF2-J4 electric kettle, black & metal. Kettle holds up to 54 oz. of water. Powerful 1750 watts boils water quickly and safely. Stainless steel ...
Goodmans
The FLF2-J4 Electric Kettle follows Krups’ long tradition of superior design and function. All Krups kitchen appliances have been inspired by expert...