-10%

GE JV666SS 36" Kitchen Hood

+$78.00 shipping Abt Electronics
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection
Free Shipping Home Depot

Grease filters keep falling out onto our cook top

Mar 25, 2009

Pros:Great exhause, looks good, nice lights

Cons:Metal grease filters don't fit, so they keep falling out

The Bottom Line: I would not buy this product, unless you can confirm that they have corrected the grease filter problem.

I would give the GE Profile™ 36" High Performance Range Hood a 5-star review, but the metal grease filters, which protect the exhaust fans from accumulating cooking grease, occasionally fall out and onto our cook top. It has happened in the middle of the night, waking us up.

I've had GE technicians come out 3 times and have called consumer relations. GE consumer relations were not helpful at all. They said a technical manager would call me back to discuss it. After a week and a half, I called back and they told me he hadn't gotten to it yet. Five and a half weeks after my original call to consumer relations, the customer service person briefly talked with the technical manager and came back with a solution that didn't make sense (not even to the technician who eventually came to try to fix it). She would not let me talk with the technical manager directly.

The "solution" they came up with was to bend the grease filters out of shape in order to "make" them stay in place. I think there should be a better solution than that.

I bought this product because it has a strong exhaust that can be vented to the outdoors. If we didn't have this grease filter problem, I'd be very happy with it. The lighting is nice with a full or partial light option.

Vented/ Vertical And Rear Exhaust/ Four Speed Fan Control/ Halogen Light/ Removable Grease Filter/ Round And Rectangular Ducting/ Stainless Steel Fini...
Abt Electronics

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. GE Profile products offer the best in contemporary design matched with the latest in appliance technologies to ...
Home Depot
The JV665H 36 under cabinet range hood comes with a 410 CFM internal blower and four speed fan control allowing you to select the fan speed needed in ...
AppliancesConnection