Garmin Rino 110 Handheld GPS Receiver Reviews

Garmin Rino 110 Handheld GPS Receiver

Epinions Product Rating: OK

garmin 110 started off good, but went bad

Oct 4, 2004

Pros:Good display, pretty easy to use. Fair battery life.

Cons:Became problematic, unreliable and ultimately unusable.

The Bottom Line: I would not recommend the garmin 110 because it will develop problems in time.

You can read my previous review in the garmin 120 category. My garmin 110 started off good. But after using it for some time it started to develop problems.

Such as...

For no reason at all the garmin would lock up. The display would remain locked. You could not access functions, because the buttons became inoperable. You could not shut it off either. You had to physically remove the batteries to bring it back to operation.

Another problem was if you were to walk along a trail, then at some time turn around and walk back on the same trail. the garmins map screen with breadcrumb trail would be approximately 80 feet out of accuracy. According to the gps, you were on another trail 80 feet away. Not good .

Another problem that became apparent is, the garmin would lose power at the slightest jolt or shake. I tried stretching the springs that make contact with the 3 AA batteries. That made no difference.The garmin would still shut off at the slightest jolt. The batteries were at full power.

I am going to try to get my money back even if my one year warranty has expired 2 months ago.
I would DEFINITELY not recommend a garmin 110.

Send communications, talk to friends, and beam your exact location to another Rino user with this Garmin Rino GPS-Integrated FRS/GMRS radio. Features ...