George Foreman GGR50B Electric Grill Reviews

George Foreman GGR50B Electric Grill

George Foreman is NOT a real grill - but who cares?

Jun 16, 2009

Pros:Easy and fun. Like the indoor George Foreman but inside or out and more options.

Cons:Not really what I'd call a grill - but that's fine.

The Bottom Line: Get your grill on with the George Foreman indoor/outdoor. Different but still cool.

For many reasons, a typical gas or charcoal grill may not work for you. Perhaps you live where they don't allow "fire." Maybe you just are gosh awful when you put food to fire.

No problem!

George Foreman has you covered with this indoor/outdoor grill. That may sound odd that it can be on the porch or in the kitchen, but the GF grill is a larger version of the press grill and can be on the stand outside or taken off the stand to go on the kitchen cabinet. Well, heck, you can just carry it inside on the stand if you want. We do that if it starts to rain. No biggie. If you buy it, it's your grill. You can do what you want.

Like the press grills, you have a solid plate on top of this grill. It has a channel in the middle to drain off fat which goes into a fat catcher. Make sure you have that inserted, or you have a mess.

Why not just get a kitchen George Foreman?

Well, you can take this one outside with the stand, and that can be fun. It's not like other outdoor grills, and you do need an outlet, but that's OK. If you have to use a drop cord (extension cord outside the South), then know your heat may be a little lower.

The inside George Foreman Grills are press. In other words, you mash the food and cook it top and bottom. The indoor/outdoor is an open model. The heat is from the bottom, but the lid holds the heat. While you can only do chicken breasts on the indoor Foreman, you can cook a whole chicken in the grill version.

There are also other things that you can do on the indoor/outdoor Gerorge Foreman like biscuits. Just pop a top on a pack of canned biscuits and put them on the plate and put the lid on. They will bake just fine. Check them though, because, this grill heats hotter than you might think. I burned one batch before I figured out that this grill does crank.

I like the George Foreman indoor/outdoor when it's raining outside or when I do not feel like getting out charcoal or making sure I have gas in the tanks on the gas models. It's also nice when it's cold outdoors, and I still want that grill mood.

The food does not have that grilled charcoal flavor - nor does food on a gas grill. If that's what you're looking for, then get a charcoal grill and plan to spend some time on the meal. If you want a quickie, then the GF is easy and fun. Although I'm a grill and food writer, I still enjoy the Georger Foreman. It's really not what I consider grilling, but that's fine. That's not what everyone needs or wants.

No-fuss grilling made easy^ for use indoors or outside Grill can be used on pedestal (stands about 1/2 feet high) or on tabletop Uses electric heat^ w...

George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill , New, Free Shipping GGR50B George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill Grilling couldn’t be more conven...
Indoors or out, knock out hunger with this George Foreman nonstick grill. Its wide surface holds plenty of burgers, steaks, and chicken, and the cente...
QVC
The heavyweight champion of George Foreman's outstanding line of grills, this large, versatile model can be used on a pedestal at your next outdoor Bb...
Macys.com