George Foreman GGR50B Electric Grill Reviews

George Foreman GGR50B Electric Grill

George Has Outdone Himself - George Foreman Electric Indoor/Outdoor Grill

Nov 23, 2009

Pros:easy to use and clean, cooks evenly, travels well, can use year round

Cons:no charcol taste, can't lift by handles w/out loosing the legs

The Bottom Line: If you are in the market for an electric grill, I would highly recommend the George Foreman GGR50B Electric Indoor/Outdoor Grill.

I purchased my George Foreman GGR50B Electric Indoor/Outdoor Grill about three ago at BJ’s. I was looking for a grill that I could take with us on the weekend. My youngest son races go karts and we spend most weekends at the race track. I wanted an electric grill that I could cook some meals on. I wanted an electric grill so I didn’t have to worry about fire or hauling charcoal and lighter fluid everywhere.

I saw the Foreman Electric Grill and did some research on it. It looked like a dependable grill, so I purchased it. We have been using it for three racing seasons which run from March until the end of October. I normally cook items in my crockpot to take along but my Foreman Grill gets used about twice a month.

Before purchasing, I had never owned a George Foreman grill. My mom has one of the  smaller indoor George Foreman grill and she loves.

The George Foreman Electric Grill fits nicely into a corner of our hauler. The grill is easy to take with you traveling.

The Indoor/Outdoor Grill is made like other Foreman Grills but larger. The Foreman Grill has a grooved cooking surface with a channel in the middle to drain off fat. It also has a pan underneath the grill to catch the fat. The grill has a large high dome lid. The lid is also vented which helps create a circulate flow of air to help in even cooking. The cooking surface is nonstick which makes for minimum added fat on food and easy clean up. The cooking surface has a slight slope to it to aid in the draining of fat.

One of the problems with the grill that we have, and it is our problem, not the fault of the grill, is that we grill mainly in the pits at racetracks. It is hard to find a flat surface to cook on so our fat doesn’t allows run off like it should, into the channel and into the pan underneath due to our grill not sitting flat. Minor problem but it can be a pain.

Obviously the George Foreman Electric Grill uses electricity so you do need an outlet for the Electric Grill. The cord plugs into the side of the grill and then you plug it into the outlet. The cord measures about six and half feet. You might need a heavy duty extension cord depending on where you are going to use your grill.

Another thing people some may dislike about the grill is that the food does not get that charcoal taste. You do get grill strips but not the flavor from cooking like you do on a charcoal grill. Everything I have cooked on the Foreman Grill has came out juicer then it did on a charcoal grill. I think you have more control with the Foreman Grill as the unit heats evenly so your meat all cooks evenly.

The George Foreman grill would be great for people with limited space, as it doesn’t take up much space. As I stated earlier, we travel with ours. It is the perfect size for that. It is not big and bulky and can be disassembled if needed.

The grill is easy to clean. After cooking, I wipe the grill with paper towels. Once cool, I remove and wash with soap and warm water.

The George Foreman Grill heats up quickly. To use, you plug in the grill and turn the knob which has numbers from 1-5 on it. 5 being the highest heat setting and 1 being the lowest. I normally preheat my grill for about five minutes before using. You don’t have to preheat, you can just place your food on the surface as it does heat up quickly.

I love cooking with my George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill. I have cooked chicken,  burgers and steaks. I have also cooked eggs and casseroles on it. The cooking grill is a nice size, the cooking surface measures seventeen inches across. I have easily cooked eight ¼ pound hamburgers on it at once.

The Foreman Grill is easy to assemble. It took about five minutes to assemble and I did it myself. It comes with a stand that you slide together. One thing I don’t like about the grill is if you pick the grill up by its handles, the stand comes off as they are not attached. When you first purchase the grill you will need to assemble the whole grill. You place the pole into the foot of the stand. You then place the grilling surface in the bottom half of the dome and place this on top of the stand. You then place the dome lid on top.

The grill can also be placed directly on a tabletop or any flat surface. The grill itself stands about six inches high. Fully assembled, the grill stands about two and a half feet high.

The Foreman Grill can be used year round, indoors or outdoors, in hot weather or cold if it’s raining, snowing or sunny.

One thing I really like about the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor grill is that you can grill without the hassle and mess of charcoal.

Three years ago I paid $39.99 for the grill. I did notice it at BJ’s again this year but the price was $59.99. I have also seen it at other stores and online. Personally a grill is something I would rather purchase in person then online.

For me and my family the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill just made sense. It was reasonably priced, easy to clean, cooks well, is easy to use and travels well.

I think the George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor grill would make a nice housewarming present for someone, wedding present or even a present for one’s birthday or Christmas. I would think it would even be a great gift for Fathers or Mothers Day. I prefer to purchase something like a grill for myself though.

If you are in the market for an electric grill, I would highly recommend the George Foreman GGR50B Electric Indoor/Outdoor Grill. Even if you think you are interested in a gas or charcoal grill, check out the George Foreman Grill, I don’t think you will be disappointed.

No-fuss grilling made easy^ for use indoors or outside Grill can be used on pedestal (stands about 1/2 feet high) or on tabletop Uses electric heat^ w...

George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill, Free Shipping, New Details: Manufacturer: George Foreman Size: REGULAR Color: Stainless Steel Item Dimensi...
George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill , New, Free Shipping GGR50B George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill Grilling couldn’t be more conven...
YOU FEELIN LUCKY??? MAKE US AN OFFER, YOU NEVER KNOW... NEW OUTDOOR INDOOR BBQ GRILL GGR50B TABLE TOP ELECTRIC COOKER GEORGE FOREMAN No-fuss grilling ...
The heavyweight champion of George Foreman's outstanding line of grills, this large, versatile model can be used on a pedestal at your next outdoor Bb...
Macys.com