George Foreman GR15 Indoor Grill Reviews

George Foreman GR15 Indoor Grill

Free Shipping Home Depot

Cooks food fast

Oct 26, 2004 (Updated Oct 27, 2004)

Pros:quick fast meals

Cons:takes a bit of time cleaning, doesn't brown food

The Bottom Line: If you want an indoor grill for fast cooking, this is a good buy.

We bought the George Foreman Grill when it was on sale together with a George Foreman Roaster. I have always wanted to buy the grill after watching his tv commercials and how it looks like it will give me quick, healthy meals. After how many months of waiting, it finally came on sale with the roaster for $129 CND.

Efficiency:

It's highly efficient. You can cook thawed meat quickly since the both the top and bottom plates are heated. You could cook a meal in less than 20 minutes. You do have a problem if you wanted to grill something thick, you can't cook them evenly with other slices of food as the contact plates do not touch the thinest slice if you mix it with something thick ( ie chicken legs, thighs ).

Cleaning:

After how many times of using the grill, I find that the run-off juices and oil tend to sometimes miss the collecting tray at the bottom of the grill. There's almost always a bit of mess on my countertop after I use the grill. After cooking, I have to carry the grill over to my sink so I could spray it with water and soap. Although it has a non stick surface, if you are grilling something with a bit of sugar, it's not going to come out easily. It takes me about 15 minutes to really clean the grill.

Overall:

I haven't used the roaster after using the grill. One reason is the size. The grill is a huge piece of appliance that if you use this often, you don't want to keep hiding it in your cupboard to pull it out again and again so you have to allot counterspace for this. It's quick for thin cuts of meat or steaks but they don't brown ( leaves you with somewhat white meat with streaks of brown for those that come in contact with the heating plates ).

Update:
I was asked whether the grills plates were removable and the answer is no, they are not. That's why I needed to move the appliance near the sink to clean it. The unit I bought also has no timer although there are other models of the george foreman grill that has a timer. To turn on the grill, you'll just have to plug it in. No on/off switch. There's a small light on top of the grill that lets you know that it's on and it's currently warming the grill. If the grill gets hot enough, the light would go out. To turn off the grill, the manufacturer advises that you pull out the plug when the light is off to prevent sparks while pulling out the plug. I have not encountered sparks at all even if I pulled the plug while the light is on. I remembered the manual stating that you need to preheat the grill for 5 minutes before using it although there's also nothing wrong with using it without preheating. I usually preheat it though like one would using an outdoor grill to seal in the juices of the meat. The cord to the grill is average in length, good enough for a countertop appliance.

Just as the title says, a blue George Foreman Family Size Grill with bun warmer.It is unused in the box, but the box does have a tear in the top. Just...

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Make burgers and other whole meals for the family with ease with a 5-serving grill and bun warmer. The colorful...
Home Depot
PRODUCT OVERVIEW Model #GR15BWI Make burgers and other whole meals for the family with ease with a 5-serving grill and bun warmer. The colorful bun wa...