Globe SP30 Stand Mixer Reviews

$4,408.00
Free Shipping The WEBstaurant Store

Globe SP30 Stand Mixer

Feb 26, 2010

Pros:Cost, Durable, Loved it.

Cons:Nothing

The Bottom Line: I would use this mixer again if I ever opened up another shop.

The Globe SP30 Stand Mixer was purchased by my husband and I back in January of 2008. It was used to mix our pizza dough, since we operated a little pizza place in our town. I really worried about buying a Globe over a Hobart, but after spending a couple of hours with the sales guy that we bought it from, he convinced us that it was the same quality as a Hobart mixer, and the only difference was the name. The Hobart actually cost more, so I took this sales guy to be very honest with me.

I was always very worried about our expensive equipment breaking down, but fortunately they had a two year warrantee on this item, which calmed some of my fears. I never had a problem with the Globe SP30 Stand Mixer, and it was everything the sales guy said it would be.

This particular mixer had two different speeds. One was very slow which it read "one", and the other was very fast and it read "three". You always had use the one phase for mixing dough or you would have a huge mess especially, if the flower was already put in. The three phase was only for cutting meats or vegetables.

The Globe SP30 Stand Mixer came with three different cutters or slicers, a 30 qt bowl and a dough hook. One of the slicers was never used since that was for slicing meat, which we didn't have any use for, but another slicer we did use for cutting the cheese. The cutter was used for all vegetable slicing, so it would allow us to make our vegetables more managed on a slice or for whole pizza.

All of the slicers, dough hook and bowl were very easy to clean if you attended to it quickly after using them. If you didn’t' wash them afterwards than things would dry and harden, which made twice the headache for us to wash them.

I never had any maintenance problems the 8 months we had it. It ran smooth and accurate. I loved it and I felt we got a lot out of this piece of equipment.

My husband and I paid around $4500.00 for this, and we only had to travel to Salt Lake City to see it first hand. We bought it from Standard Restaurant Supply at the time. They delivered it to us with a delivery driver and with some of their moving equipment, which I wish we had when we moved it out of our building. It weighed a lot and it took 3 guys to barely pick it off the ground to take it to its next destination after closing our shop.

The color was grey and that's the only color I had seen it in. This isn't something you have to put together, since it’s already whole. You only have to adjust the slicer, dough hook and etc. The manual it came with was very helpful to educate yourself.

Amount Paid (US$): $4500

Heavy Duty 3 Speed 30 Quart Vertical Mixer by Globe
Kitchenall
Globe Planetary Mixer 30 Qt. [SP30] is the perfect dough mixer for high performance use. This unit has three working speeds for recipes that need heav...
Elite Restaurant Equipment
This Globe SP30 30 qt. commercial stand mixer features a 1 hp, gear driven motor with three speeds so that you can power through any batch of ingredie...
The WEBstaurant Store
Planetary Mixer, 30 Qt., Floor Model, 3-speed, #12 Hub, Includes: Removable Stainless Steel Bowl Guard, 30 Qt. Stainless Steel Bowl, Aluminum Spiral D...