Grey Goose Vodka

Smooth as ice; So smooth it will get you drunk

May 26, 2006 (Updated May 26, 2006)

Pros:Greygoose, the smooth and yet satisfying drink

Cons:So smooth, you might forget that it is alcohol and drink it like water.

The Bottom Line: Greygoose added to any drink, is a drink that is improved and tastier to drink.

I am an elaborate drinker. When I was in college, I became a lush. I would drink and have a sort of trophy case of finished bottles that I drank. I would drink things like Bacardi Limon, grain alcohol and Alize. When I drank, I drank to the point of no return and no control and it wasn't a pretty picture though it was always in fun and I had a good time. It;s the aftermath that worries me when I think back to those times.

I have matured a little bit and wised up on my drinking. I don't do so much heavy drinking anymore but I still like the taste of good drinks and mainly because I make drinks and I know what a good drink is supposed to taste like. I am not a bartender but I took limited bartending training when I used to work at Rio's Soul Cafe & Supper Club on 8th Avenue in Manhattan, and learned a lot about the drinks that I do drink today.

Most of the time when I go out to a club, I will get a Malibu on the rocks because it tastes good without anything that could be mixed with it. I also like drinks that are mixed with other alcohols. My favorite mixed drinks are Long Island Iced Teas, A French martini, margaritas and a Purple Mothaf***kas. In the mix of a drink, there is a difference when you use top shelf alcohols as opposed to using other ones.

Take for instance my favorite vodka, Greygoose. It is clear and smooth. You can drink it like water because it is not as potent as Absolut Vodka. So in a mixed drink, it decreases the strength, increases the taste and makes the drinking experience more of an enjoyable one.

Greygoose is 40% alcohol by weight and is made from grains like barley, corn, rye and wheat in France. It leaves a crisp, lemony aftertaste and is comparable to Belvedere Vodka. In Manhattan, a bottle of Greygoose goes for about $32.00. I like it as a shot because you don't really need something to shake it down with. Some other drinks like Henessy, you might need a lemon with sugar on the side after drinking a shot of it. Greygoose though goes down so smooth, sometimes you forget that you are drinking alcohol.

Here are some drinks I enjoyed that I thought you might enjoy. The recipes are as follows:

A Long Island Iced Tea
1/4 cup Greygoose Vodka
1/4 cup of Gin
1/4 rum (Barbancourt Rum from Haiti preferably)
1/4 Tequila (Preferably Jack Daniels)
Triple Sec
Rose's Lime juice
Top of Coca Cola/ (Or substitute the coca cola and add sprite for a Manhattan Iced Tea)
(To be served on the rocks in a collins glass)

Purple Mothaf***ka
1/4 cup Greygoose vodka
1/4 cup of gin
1/4 rum
Triple Sec
Lime juice
Sprite
Sour Mix
Top of Chambord to make it purple
(To be served on the rocks in a collins glass)

French Martini
1/2 cup greygoose
Pineapple juice
Chambord
(To be served in a Martini Glass and the glass should be pre-chilled before serving)

I say go with Greygoose. You will like the taste, the after-taste, the effect and the smoothness. It's a great drink and a really good one to add to your bar shelf so when I come to your bar, I can have some with you.

And just remember, if you are going out to drink, don't drive and if you do drive and drink, it takes about 1 hour for men and 2 hours for woman to regain your regular mental state. Not recommended for children under the age of 21 years old. And last but not least, there is nothing wrong with drinking if that is your thing. And if you get drunk, it might seem like something to do. Every time you get drunk, it decreases the functioning of your liver. Drink to have fun, not to get drunk or don't drink at all.

Stephanie Jeannot

Grey Goose Vodka 1L

Grey Goose Vodka 1L

Winner of the prestigious World Spirits Championship. Grey Goose Vodka received 96 out of 100 points from the Beverage Testing Institute, and was awa...
Grey Goose Vodka L'Orange 1.75L

Grey Goose Vodka L'Orange 1.75L

WE 90-95 PTS. - The great taste of Grey Goose vodka infused with the sweetness of fresh oranges.
Grey Goose Vodka 750ml

Grey Goose Vodka 750ml

Grey Goose Vodka Cherry Noir 1.00l

Grey Goose Vodka Cherry Noir 1.00l

Some of the black cherries used to create GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir come from orchards nestled in the southwest of France, where the humid climate, lush ...
Grey Goose Vodka Cherry Noir 375ml

Grey Goose Vodka Cherry Noir 375ml

Grey Goose Vodka La Poire 375ml

Grey Goose Vodka La Poire 375ml

GREY GOOSE La Poire features a trio of natural flavorings blended specifically to reflect the taste and freshness of an Anjou pear. The result is a fl...