Hamilton Beach 63221 Eclectrics Sugar 400 Watts Stand Mixer Reviews

Hamilton Beach 63221 Eclectrics Sugar 400 Watts Stand Mixer

400 Watts of Death

May 8, 2004 (Updated May 11, 2004)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:400 watt motor, great colors, attachments, splatter guard.

Cons:motor burns out extremely quickly, it can not handle simple mixing.

The Bottom Line: I don't recommend this mixer as it can not handle basic cookie dough mixing without burning out the 400 watt motor. It is just not a decent mixer.

I'm writing this review as I've had an experience or two with this exact mixer. I must say that I am thrilled to finally be writing this review.

Let me start off by saying that I bought the Hamilton Beach 400-Watt Stand Mixer 63222CH, from Amazon.com, I was very excited about getting a stand mixer in time for the Christmas holiday's. I do alot of baking for family, relatives and friends to use as gifts for Christmas, and then also during the year for my family. So when I found my "Dream" stand mixer - The "Dream" being in my favorite color of Red, it being a solid metal mixer and at 400 watts, 12 speed, and at only $159.00 & free shipping ; well I must admit, I was jumping for joy when it finally came in.

I made an angel food cake, a batch of chocolate, chocolate chip cookies with it, but when I went to use it to make my 3rd thing, a batch of peanut butter cookies, smoke came from the motor, and it started to stink rather badly. So I figured that it just needed a rest, so I turned it off and tried to restart it the next day, and it immediately done the same thing. So doing what comes natural with an expensive product, I contacted amazon.com and sent it back, asking for a replacement as I was figuring that it was just a defective mixer and a fluke that I had received the defective mixer.

Well, about a week and a half later I received the new one, and I made another angel food cake, which I thought that I had smelled a bad smell again, but when I mixed another batch of peanut butter cookies, it smoked and smelled again. That's when I realized that it's not a defective mixer, it's just a bad all around mixer. So I contacted Amazon.com again, but told them that this time I wanted my money back as I'm not going through this a 3rd time. I did receive my money back in about 3 weeks. And I now find my self back at square one, with no stand mixer. But this time I will be doing a lot of research on the next one that I buy.

I don't recommend this mixer as it can not handle basic cookie dough mixing without burning out the 400 watt motor. It is just not a decent mixer. You are better off buying the cheap brand at your local dollar store as it might actually last longer than this one.

This mixer comes with the actual metal stand mixer, a dough hook, wire whisk attachment, flat beater attachment, splatter shield (2-piece), it has a 400 watt motor, 12 speed (6 actual speeds 2,4,6,8,10 & 12), and comes in a variety of colors.

Professional 2-way rotating mixing action Stainless steel 4.5 quart bowl Quick-release tilt-up head 2 piece pouring shield Includes: beater dough hook...