Hamilton Beach 70560 7 Cups Food Processor Reviews

Hamilton Beach 70560 7 Cups Food Processor

Still going strong after many years

Dec 29, 2009

Pros:It's a real workhorse and has good safety features. Blades stay sharp.

Cons:After 8-10 years, bowl & blade housing finally have hairline cracks starting.

The Bottom Line: This machine is a real workhorse. It's served our household over eight years & is still going strong!

My husband bought this food processor 8-10 years ago and its motor is still going strong. Hamilton Beach machines are real workhorses!

I've used it for chopping nuts, onions, and even grinding big pieces of homemade toasted whole wheat bread down into bread crumbs. I've also made pie crusts in it as it's great for cutting the cold butter and ice water into the flour. Food processors are great for more than just chopping veggies.

What I;ve used it for the most, though, is my homemade mango salsa. The onions really get to me if I cut them by hand or even with my Pampered Chef food chopper, so I use this food processor to do that teary work. Its 7-cup capacity is sufficient for chopping a single batch of my recipe's red pepper, large onion, 2 cups of mango, 2 jalapeno peppers, tomatoes, etc. The food processor's pulse feature lets me make sure my ingredients are not pureed to a soup -- that's important when you're making salsa! Well, unless you like a thin salsa.

The machine has a safety locking feature which prevents the machine from powering up unless the lid is in place and the whole bowl unit is locked into place. This prevents you from inadvertently cutting off a few fingertips with the grating disc or losing entire digits to the chopping blades. The chopping blades are still razor sharp after many years of use, so that safety feature's a good thing!

There are a few cons; however, it wasn't until this year that they showed up, so I don't know I'd really consider them negatives. The plastic bowl has developed a hairline crack in it. I also notice a few cracks beginning in the chopping blade housing. But again, we've had this food processor for about 8-10 years and I've held the entire unit by the bowl's handle when I've pulled it out of my cabinet, something that probably wasn't a good thing to do.

My husband got me a new Hamilton Beach Big Mouth 70570 for Christmas, so this machine is destined for Freecycle with full disclosure about its condition. I think a replacement bowl and blade would ensure this machine giving someone another 8-10 years' regular use. Like I said, Hamilton Beach products are real workhorses!

Hamilton Beach Prepstar Food Processor This food processor is brand new in it's original unopened box!The PrepStar Series food processor is an all-in-...

Bowl Capacity: 7 Cups, 2 Speeds, Power 350 watts
Up for auction is a brand new factory sealed, Hamilton Beach, Prepstar Food Processor. The model # is 7056OR. The features are :A powerful 350 watt mo...
Bowl Capacity: 7 Cups, 2 Speeds, Power 350 watts