Hamilton Beach Turbo-Twister 2-Speeds Blender Reviews

+$6.95 shipping Kmart

Okay, not great.

Jul 29, 2005
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:Functioned well, pureed soups nicely.

Cons:Not dishwasher safe. Whisk is hard to control, splashes, not worth having.

The Bottom Line: This is an acceptable stick blender, but I wouldn't buy it again. I'd prefer a dishwasher safe attachment, and I don't want to pay extra for the useless whisk attachment.

I have had one of these for a year. I decided to buy the middle of the range one at Target, and this was it.

I rarely used the whisk at all. Unless I used it in a relatively narrow deep container (for example, a small amount of something in the bottom of a Pyrex quart measure), it was hard to control and tended to splash everywhere.

As it says in the manual, the attachments are definitely not dishwasher safe! My husband put the blending attachement through the dishwasher, and the plastic around the blade area warped. The blade still worked fine, but the disc between the blade and the inside of the stick gradually came loose, allowing food to get up inside where it couldn't be completely cleaned away. The disc finally came completely off, and could not be reattached, so it's now junk.

However, the motor still works just fine, and if not for the dishwasher incident (obviously not the product's fault!), this would probably still be working well.

I can't say I ever noticed it scratching my pots or bowls, I would have said my ordinary hand mixer was the worst for that. But I don't have the highest quality pots either!

I never had any problems with the switch, found it easy to use and to clean (by hand!), and found it did a good job while it lasted, though the whisk attachment was useless to me.

I guess I just need one that can tolerate a dishwasher!

since 1998 ::Store ::Policy ::About Us :: StoreSearch in titles descriptions StoreCategories Store home Home Garden Kitchen,Dining Bar Yard,Garden Out...

The Turbo Twister Hand Blender Lets You Mix It Up Without All The Mess Get ready to blend just about anything with your new Hamilton Beach Turbo Twist...
Kmart