Hoover F5914900 SteamVac Upright Cleaner Reviews

Hoover F5914900 SteamVac Upright Cleaner

Free Shipping Home Depot

Handy and easy to use.

Mar 26, 2011 (Updated Mar 26, 2011)

Pros:Works easy and carpets dry in hours.

Cons:Hoover deep cleaning soap is expensive.

The Bottom Line: Great tool to have available at a moment's notice.

We purchased the Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 with Clean Surge a month ago because we were tired of half done efforts by carpet cleaning companies and soaked carpets for days afterward. My husband researched it on the internet but it was the positive reviews on epinions.com that convinced him about the model he was interested in. Everything is true: easy to use, works good, has removable brushes for cleaning dog hair out of them, extracts the water nicely.

Probably the biggest reason we bought a Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 with Clean Surge is because the place where I bought my new sewing machine also sells and services vacuum and carpet cleaners.  We had been looking at Bissells because they are more widely available in big box stores.  The service tech at the Sew/Vac store recommended any Hoover over Bissell, based on his lengthy experience as the manager of repairs and service. He said the Bissells gave him job security because they're always in for repair, and the Hoovers were much more reliable.

We found one on sale at Newegg.com for $136,49 with free shipping and no tax, but because repairs are so expensive, we bought an extra year's replacement warranty through Newegg.com for $15.99.

I rate the construction of it as good instead of excellent because it's plastic like all the rest and who knows how durable that will be after only a month.

We also found how handy it was to have around when a week after we cleaned the carpets, we came home to find that our golden retriever had gotten into some pills and threw up all over the carpets EVERYWHERE!  We wiped up what we could and cleaned the spots with the Hoover SteamVac F5914-900 with Clean Surge and thankfully everything was back like new.

Features
    SpinScrub Multiple Rotating Brush System
    Heated Cleaning - Applies heat directly to the floor
    Removable Rotating Brushes for quick rinse cleaning
    Fingertip Clean Surge function for spot removal and heavy traffic areas
    Two separate translucent tanks to keep clean solution and dirty water separate
    No belts to change, break, or replace
    SpinScrub Powered hand tool for cleaning stairs & upholstery
Specifications
Motor Amperage 12 Amps
Motor Volts 120 V
Power Cord Length 24 ft.
Clean Water Capacity 1 Gallon(s)
Dirty Water Capacity 1 Gallon(s)
Height Adjustment 3
Cleaning path: 11"
Hose Length 8 ft.
On Board Tools Included:Powered Turbo Tool /Upholstery Brush, but I didn't like how the tool over-sprayed water on the chair that I was cleaning, making a mess. Next time I'll take the chair outside first.
Weight: Empty 22lbs, but 1 gallon clean water capacity adds approx 8lbs per gal to total weight. It's fairly easy to move around in use. I used to have a Kirby that I used to use for carpet cleaning and this unit extracts the water better and does a better job cleaning, but it's just about the same weight as a Kirby. I would think that doing stairs would be hard for one person. I don't lift this machine, and rely on the back wheels to wheel it around.  Lifting would be difficult for a senior woman as myself.

Shop for Appliances at The Home Depot. Never rent a heavy machine again. Hoover SteamVac SpinScrub rotating brushes groom carpet fibers from all sides...
Home Depot

Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914-900 Brand new in the original sealed retail box!Product Features:Powerful 12-amp motor; deep cl...
Hoover SteamVac Carpet Washer with Clean Surge
This powerful home steam vacuum saves you the expense and hassle of having to rent a steam cleaner and keeps rugs, upholstery, and bare floors (other ...
123clumpy Store ~~~123Solutions~~~ Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge, F5914-900 Powerful 12-amp motor; deep cleans with hot tap water an...