Jenn-Air JEC8430AD Frost White 29.94 in. Electric Electric Cooktop Reviews

Jenn-Air JEC8430AD Frost White 29.94 in. Electric Electric Cooktop

Welcome to the modern world

Jun 9, 2005
Not yet rated

Pros:Even heat, quick install, easy cleaning, nice to look at, good construction, SAFE

Cons:Plastic Knobs, take some time to get to know its ideosyncracies? spelling???

The Bottom Line: Under counter storage issues solved. Clean looking, even cooking, machine. Quality, paid a bit more than the average run of the mill cooktop. You will feel and experience the quality.

Certainly things have changed over the years. For one who has always dealt with the conventional oven and burners in one unit I was intrigued by this and of course recognized the name from all those cooking shows on tv with the JennAire built in barbecues.
We moved into a very old home with an original 20 plus year old cooktop. Really ratty looking and needed replacement. So did the counters, and to compliment the layout without losing below counterspace, we opted to shop for a cooktop for the first time.
We looked at all the other brands from the lowest to what we considered and bought as a higher end unit. Our main consideration was the loss of cabinet space and major counter work if we went with a conventional stove.
The installation cost us considerably less considering that the electrician was in and out in 20 minutes.
What concerned me was that we had a drawer right underneath the unit and I was afraid of heat and storage of flammable items.

The way this unit is designed you can literally touch the underside of the case when it is on super high and feel nothing that would indicate it is on. Yeah! we can store things in the drawer and have a stove right over it.

I can say that after cooking for years with a conventional stove, you need to learn to cook again. This Jenn Aire is super even heat.
Every square inch of the pan is heated, especially on the front right dual area burner that is made for the larger pans or smaller pans. Such even heat. Nice small heat coils spaced closely together which pulse as heat is needed instead of the major intense heat which is thrown from conventional coils blasting away at your food.

The first time cleaning it I was surprised that the knobs were plastic. Something I did not expect on this expensive unit. Thats ok I guess, just surprised. I am particular and remove them everytime I cook for cleaning. I know that this will probably cause wear and replacement sooner than expected. Check in a year for an update.

The heat indicators for a burner that has been shut off are great. The light actually stays on till all surfaces are cool enough to touch. A fire safety device in my opinion. Cant be without it!!!! On a flat surface you are more likely to lay things down that don't belong there.
Already doing that after 3 months.

I have had some trouble with some marks on the surface. Don't know what they are from. Pans, food? Maybe I just don't know how to clean this yet. They give you some special cleaner with the ceramic top but I usually just wait till its all cooled down and give it the old soapy sponge and windex treatment.

All in all its a good cooker. I know that the quality is there. You can tell when it comes out of the box. We hope to have it for a long time. I was fortunate to have a built in oven already in the house when we moved in a few months ago so we did not need that and could shop for the cooktop.
Oh, did I mention we bought a 121 year old house. Talk about mixing the old and new.

I would suggest anyone to compare the run of the mill brands at your local home improvement store with this model. You will see the obvious without even using it. If they are not permanently installed in the store, pick them up and see the weight difference. Make absolutely sure that is is the exact same model piece for piece.

I would suggest buying from a local independent dealer. We did and obtained a price match and great service.

Good luck and happy cooking.

Trotters Jenn (Women's) - White - Slim (S) 10

Trotters Jenn (Women's) - White - Slim (S) 10

Womens Casual Slip On Shoes from Trotters: Trotters Jenn (Women's) - White. Slip On Leather Casual Loafer Shoes. Sizes: 10 Widths: Slim (S). Classic s...
ShoeMall

Lladro Soft Breeze 8430  Size 8 x 6

Lladro Soft Breeze 8430 Size 8 x 6

Lladro Soft Breeze 8430 Size 8 x 6
Maggies Gift Shop

Trotters Jenn: Women's Loafer

Trotters Jenn: Women's Loafer

Loafers: Trotters Jenn - Female Adult - Black Soft Tumbled - Sizes 5|5.5|6|6.5|7|7.5|8|8.5|9|9.5|10|10.5|11|11.5|12|13 - Widths: M|N|W|WW|S - Go for a...
Onlineshoes.com

Women's Trotters Jenn - White Soft Tumbled Leather Slip-on Shoes

Women's Trotters Jenn - White Soft Tumbled Leather Slip-on Shoes

Go to work or go shopping, the Jenn will get you there in total comfort. The soft upper and shock resistant PU unit bottom will treat your feet like a...
Shoebuy.com

Trotters Jenn Mini Dots Loafer Shoes (White Leather) - Women's Shoes

Trotters Jenn Mini Dots Loafer Shoes (White Leather) - Women's Shoes

Sizes Available: 6.5 W. Surround your feet with comfortable style in the Jenn loafers from Trotters.Patent and suede smooth or croco-embossed leather...
Shoes.com

Rubbermaid 8430-88 BRO Ranger Brown 35 Gal Container

Rubbermaid 8430-88 BRO Ranger Brown 35 Gal Container

Durable construction in a modern design for a professional look.Door top styles are FM Approved.Built to withstand extreme weather.Permanently attache...
homelectrical
Godinger 8430 Snack Plate Set of 2 8430

Godinger 8430 Snack Plate Set of 2 8430

Snack Plate Set of 2.Material: Silverplated Weight: 2.68
HomeClick

Trotters White Women's Jenn Loafers

Trotters White Women's Jenn Loafers

Pamper your foot with heel-to-toe cushioning in this classic-looking Trotters Women's Jenn Loafer. Its leather upper is lined with breathable tricot t...
FootSmart

Trotters Jenn (Women's) - White

Trotters Jenn (Women's) - White

Womens Casual Slip On Shoes from Trotters: Trotters Jenn (Women's) - White. Slip On Leather Casual Loafer Shoes. Sizes: 10,10.5,11,12,13,5.5,6,6.5,7,7...
ShoeMall