Kicker Solo-Baric L7 S10L7 2002 1-Way 10" Car Subwoofer Reviews

Kicker Solo-Baric L7 S10L7 2002 1-Way 10" Car Subwoofer

Free Shipping Crutchfield

Quality sub at a affordable price

Mar 18, 2010

• Sound Quality:

Pros:Sound great, easily mounted, deep clean bass, very powerful

Cons:Do require a 'real' amp to power them

The Bottom Line:

Good quality sub for a good price, great way to start a system the right way.

Hey everyone, I started looking for a good, brand name quality sub about 2 years ago. I have a 2005 Dodge Ram single cab so knew that I needed something fairly small, but didn't want to give up sound quality just for having a smaller packaged.

My boss used to do bass compitions so his opinion really helped me decide on what to buy. I was set on getting some JL subs just because thats a very well known brand, but after looking around decided that the L7 10" 2-ohm subs would be good enough. I first had a box that held 2 and it didnt really sound good but ended up going with 2 Kicker ported boxes and it helped dramatically.

My truck doesnt have a lot of air space so they dont hit nearly as hard as they can. I got mine off ebay for about 200 a piece which is a awesome price for such a good sub. I am powering them both a rockford fosgate tb1000d amplifier and it supplies them more then enough power. I have never had it accuratly measured but my boss said they were probably around 130db which isnt bad at all for only having about a grand wrapped up in the system.

For anyone looking to build a great bass system these are for sure worth a look, if you dont have a lot of room the square sub helps a lot. They dont have a very deep mounting depth so they can fit in smaller boxes. And a good rule of thumb I was told is that a 8" has the same surface area of a 10", a 10" to a 12" and that the 15" is like a 18"

These subs really hit great at about any frequency, and sound very crisp and clean through the entire range. I am sure there are better subs out there but your going to pay a lot more for them. I would say these arent 'budget' subs, but would say they are definently not expensive by any means for the quality you get.

10 Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer handles up to 600 watts RMS (300 watts per voice coil),square polypropylene cone with Santoprene rubber surround,24-100 Hz fre...
Crutchfield