Kenmore 42822 Washing Machine

Well Made Washer

Sep 15, 2004

Pros:Uses less water, washes huge loads very reliable.

Cons:The rubber seal mildews.

The Bottom Line: If your looking for a reliable, well made washing machine that can handle large loads this one's for you.

I purchased this washer about a year and a half ago. I am so delighted with it's easy use and ultra quiet motor.

For many years I owned top loading Whirlpool machines and had nothing but trouble with them. I went through 3 in 10 years time. The O rings went out causing severe leaking and water damage to my hard wood floors on 3 occasions. The electric sensing unit went out twice and I replaced a water pump on each washer.
Finally I had enough and went to Sears. They were running a special in the Kenmore. Try it out for one year with no payments or interest and if for any reason I didn't like it I could return it no questions asked. And they put it in writing!
My husband and I shopped around and was considering the front loading Maytag but this deal was too good to pass up. So I asked for the measurements of the machine so I could see if it would fit in my laundry room and it is 31 1/2 inches deep x 38 inches high x 27 inches wide. It would fit. They also have a riser (sold separately) if you'd like it higher. I didn't get that.

The machine has a huge capacity easily fitting a king size comforter, or a very large load of laundry. It's energy efficient and uses very little water.

The machine has 5 wash cycles,
Whites
Delicate
Hand wash
Normal
Heavy Duty
You can adjust the settings using a touch of a button you can tell it the water temperature you would like, the soil level, how fast you would like it to spin out, even if you would like a buzzer to go off letting you know when the wash is done and how loud you want that.

After the wash is started the doors lock. Kids can't climb in making it safe. The manual also tells you what different codes are that sometime flash. I once used too much soap and it I got an error message and couldn't get it to open, unlock, spin out or anything. After I read the manual I learned to let the suds go down then press the cancel button and it would open. All was well.
The only bad thing about this washer is the rubber seal around the tub. It gets mildewy if its warm and the door is closed. It does clean easy enough with a little mildew remover or if you take the time to wipe it off and leave the door cracked. Since I don't have little ones running around anymore that is what I usually do.

On the front of the machine is a pull out drawer that has a cup with a piece you can adjust for filling with powder soap or liquid, it has a spot that is pre measured for bleach and liquid softener.

I fully expect this washer to last many years and I feel it was worth the price.

Kenmore 3.4 cu. ft. Top-Load Washing Machine - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 3.4 cu. ft. Top-Load Washing Machine - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 3.4 cu. ft. Top-Load Washing Machine - Optimum Efficiency Featuring a Dual Action Plus agitator and powerful spin cycles, the Kenmore 3.4 cu. ...

Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer w/ Deep Wash - White Less than 4 cu. ft.

Kenmore 3.8 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer - Efficient and Thorough This Kenmore high-efficiency washer 2510 is a laundry essential, helping you to get your ...

Kenmore 4.3 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer White 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

Kenmore 4.3 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer White 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

Kenmore trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans. Step up to efficiency, cleaning power and convenience with the 4.3 cu. ft. Kenmore 41...

Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam & Ultra Wash Cycle - Metallic Silver 4.6 cu.ft. and greater

Using the Kenmore Exclusive Ultra Wash cycle makes this the best cleaning washing machine in its class.** Enjoy powerful cleaning performance while sa...

Kenmore 4.5 cu. ft. High-Efficiency Top-Load Washer w/ Express Cycle - Metallic 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

No one in its class performs better* and no one in its class cleans better.** The Kenmore 28103 washer is now bigger.*** It also features the high-per...

Kenmore Elite 4.5 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer w/ Accela-Wash White 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

Kenmore is America's # 1 appliance brand, trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans. The Kenmore front-load washer 41482 with Smart Moti...

Kenmore Elite 4.3 cu. ft. Steam Front-Load Washer w/ Reversible Door - Blackberry Blue 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

Kenmore Elite 4.3 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer - Smarter Clean The Kenmore Elite front-load washer 4110 helps you get fresher and cleaner laundry every t...

Kenmore Elite 4.5 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer w/ Accela-Wash Metallic 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

Kenmore is America's # 1 appliance brand, trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans. The Kenmore front-load washer 41483 with Smart Moti...

Kenmore Elite 5.2 cu. ft. Top-Load Washer w/ Steam & Accela-Wash - Metallic Gray 4.6 cu.ft. and greater

Kenmore trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans. This 5.2 cu. ft. Kenmore Elite 31623 top-load washer features Accela-Wash and steam t...

Kenmore Elite 4.5 cu. ft. Front-Load Washer w/Steam & Accela-Wash Metallic 4.0 cu.ft. - 4.5 cu.ft.

Kenmore is America's # 1 appliance brand, trusted in the homes of more than 100 million Americans. The Kenmore front-load washer 41583 with Smart Moti...