Kicker Comp VR CVR8 1-Way 8" x 12" Car Subwoofer Reviews

Kicker Comp VR CVR8 1-Way 8" x 12" Car Subwoofer

Plenty of thump for a buck

Jan 23, 2008 (Updated May 1, 2008)

• Sound Quality:

Pros:strong, rubber, variable, easy to install

Cons:subs are a bit heavy, could create less punch and more thud sound

The Bottom Line: What are you waiting for? Go out and buy this amp immediately!

I've only had a pair of these 10" subs for a few weeks now, but I already love them.

I ended up buying two Kicker CVR10s from my local car audio joint after nearly buying cheaper Alphasoniks, when the used Rockford Fosgate paper subs I bought used kicked the bucket. Despite nearly $60 more than I intended to, just the specs on the box led me to believe I made the right choice.

Just holding Kicker's subs out of the box instills a sense of confidence. This model is made of injected molded polypropylene, a.k.a. rubber, which feels like it could really take, or give, a beating. The basket is made of steel, which does add a few pounds, but also makes the speaker feel very sturdy and strong.

While not overly important, I was pleased to find spring-loaded terminals on this item. No longer do you have to crimp lugs on and hope they fit, or worry about burning yourself while trying to establish a good solder joint. Just design your wiring scheme, strip the wires, push down on each terminal, slide the wire in and release.

These subs are rated to handle anywhere from 50 watts to 400 watts RMS apiece and up to 800 watts peak. They also boast two voice coils in two models, one with 2 ohm coils and one with 4 ohm coils. This combination means you can use it for suprisingly powerful installations or if you're only pumping a more modest 350 watts RMS, like me.

Screwed into a random dual 10" ported box I had lying around and resting in the trunk of my Ford Taurus, these subwoofers really add a low, almost trembling at times, bass that makes my rock and metal sound complete. It's also spoiled me, I can't listen to stereos in other cars anymore without expecting to feel the bass and drums rumble.

*Edit* After several months of driving around with a pair of these in, they're still slightly off since I haven't gotten a chance to fully balance my system. However, I've made some adjustments that have helped a lot, this includes getting a strong bass sound without overwhelming the music. It very well could be that I've got these installed in a ported box, but they seem to have more of a heavy thud bass than a punchy bass.

That being said, I've heard these subs put out very loud, rumbling bass without even being fully turned up to the available 175 watts RMS per speaker. They really do have a lot of kick, as I've noticed when I accidentally leave the volume on my deck too high and the volume changes drastically between mp3s.

Kicker 10cvr10-4 2010 Comp Vr Series 10 Inch 4 Ohm Dual Voice Coil 800 Watt Car Subwoofer

KICKER 10 4 OHM CVR WOOFERThis hi-hat control pedal give you traditional hi-hat feel for controlling open/closed sounds with virtually all e-percussio...
Kicker 10cvr15-2 2010 Comp Vr Series 15-Inch 2 Ohm Dual Voice Coil 1000 Watt Car Subwoofer

Features: Brand Name : Kicker Model : 10CVR152 Product Information: Kicker's CompVR line of subwoofers feature extreme power handling and won't break ...
Kicker 07CVR12-4 Comp VR Series 12-Inch 4 Ohm 1600 Watt Dual Voice Coil Car Subwoofers

Injection Molded Cone with low distortion output Cutout Diameter 11-1/8 800 watts max output 400 watts RMS rated 12 high powered competition VR series...
Kicker - 10CVR104 Subwoofer Pair Combo, Car Subwoofers

Kicker - 10CVR104 Subwoofer Pair Combo, Car Subwoofers

Pair of 10in Dual 4 Ohm CompVR Series Subwoofers

Kicker - CVR104 (10CVR104), Car Subwoofers

Kicker - CVR104 (10CVR104), Car Subwoofers

400W 10in CompVR Series Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer

Kicker Car Audio 15 2 Ohm Two Cvr15 Loaded Ported Subwoofer Box Dx1000.1 Amp

Kicker Car Audio 15 2 Ohm Two Cvr15 Loaded Ported Subwoofer Box Dx1000.1 Amp

The Kicker Amplifier is designed to give users the power they are looking from through their sound system. Whether it is deeper base, louder sound, or...

Kicker 10CVR104  10 Dual 4-ohm component Subwoofer

Kicker 10CVR104 10 Dual 4-ohm component Subwoofer

10 Dual 4-ohm component Subwoofer frequency response: 25-500 Hz,injection-molded polypropylene cone with ribbed Santoprene rubber surround,50-400 watt...
Crutchfield

Kicker - CVR102 (10CVR102), Car Subwoofers

400W 10in CompVR Series Dual 2 ohm Subwoofer

Kicker 10CVR122 12 CompVR Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer

Kicker 10CVR122 12 CompVR Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer

Frequency Response: 25-500 Hz Sensitivity: 86.9 DB Power Handling: RMS 200W per coil or 400w rms total and 800 watts max