Linksys WGA54G (745883584918) VGC Accessory Reviews

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Not recommended.

May 25, 2005
Rated Show

Pros:Actually (finally) works after much coercion.

Cons:HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Laggy gaming Hard to set up if you enable any semblance of security.

I bought the WGA54G for convenience and "lag-free gaming."

I'm pretty damn slick when it comes to networking, and electronics in general. It took me no less than an hour to get this device to "see" my WLAN. Requires a firmware flash before it can be configured directly by the Xbox.

The above reviewer's comment about the unit constantly hissing is true. It's LOUD. It sounds like a leaky truck tire. I can barely sleep with it in the same room with it.

The overall interaction between xbox and adapter is shoddy, and feels hacked-together at best.

Oh, and as for the "lag-free" statement right on the front of the box, this is an outright blatant non-truth. My pings are consistently much higher with the WGA54G than with wired ethernet.

I purchased my WGA54G for convenience of being able to take my portable tv anywhere in the house, but with this much trouble and added latency, it isn't worth it.

Now if I only hadn't lost my receipt, I would take it back to the store for a refund.

Brand new, factory sealed Linksys Wireless-G Game Adapter. Lag free internet gaming without wires.Was a gift that was never used or opened. Save a lot...