Great for one week...

Mar 24, 2001

Pros:Enough buttons to cover any game... Reputable company, so lots of tech support.

Cons:Tech support is needed wayyyy to much.

The Bottom Line: Works well for a week, then breaks down beyond repair.

I looked into joysticks quite a bit before investing in one... What I found generally told me that the Logitech Wingman Extreme 3D was a great stick. I brought it home plugged it in, and installed the software, and encountered my very first problem. The Wingman Profiler software didn't work. It is supposed to be there so you do not have to manually set up your buttons for each game, but I clicked on it, and nothing happened. So I re-installed the software, and tried again. Luckily the second time it worked. I breathed a sigh of relief and began to play... I used the stick for a week before the twist handle broke. In the calibration screen it now twitches back and forth. So I called up Logitech tech support. (Long distance all the way in California!) After half an hour of voicemail and another two hours on hold I reached a representative who had me install a later version of DirectX and reinstall the software for the stick. It worked for a month. (Just long enough for my warranty to run out!) Then the twist handle broke again. I am now in possesion of an overpriced joystick that no longer does what it claims. I would advise trying the Microsoft joystick, because the Wingman is wayyyy more trouble than it's worth.